Home

What defense are you most looking forward to using in NCAA 11?

This is a discussion on What defense are you most looking forward to using in NCAA 11? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-29-2010, 02:27 PM   #9
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: What defense are you most looking forward to using in NCAA 11?

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Peench
With all this talk on 120 different offensive style and such, I thought we should shift the discussion to the other side of the ball. That being said, what defense are you most looking forward to using this year?

For me, its the UNC Tar Heels. Reason being:

1. Exceptionally athletic linebacker corps: Bruce Carter, Quan Sturdivant, and Zach Brown. All three are extremely rangey and experienced, with Brown running a sub 4.3 40. Easily the most athletic linebacking group in the country.

2. Despite losing Cam Thomas and EJ Wilson, still some dominant DLineman. Marvin Austin (DT) and Robert Quinn (DE) are both projected 1st rounders.

3. A blend of athletic youth and playmaking veterans in the secondary. Deunta Williams and Kendric Burney anchor this unit.

Mcshay (whatever he knows ) has 4 UNC defenses players going in the 1st round of his 2011 mock draft. Needless to say, they should be a real force in NCAA 11.
Well as a Tar Heel fan I can say the Heels D is real good. But not great. Heels D had trouble stopping the run agaist some teams last year like GT. GT ran all over the Heels D like they wasn't ever there. When I was watching the Tar Heels spring pratice game on ESPN a month ago. The announcers said the Heels could be in the runnning to be one of the teams to go to the National Championship this year. It all depends on how there D plays and how TJ Yates plays. TJ Yates look bad in that Spring pratice game on ESPN. But we will see.

Last edited by PantherBeast_OS; 04-29-2010 at 02:31 PM.
Old 04-29-2010, 03:04 PM   #10
Rookie

unc04heels's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Peench
With all this talk on 120 different offensive style and such, I thought we should shift the discussion to the other side of the ball. That being said, what defense are you most looking forward to using this year?

For me, its the UNC Tar Heels. Reason being:

1. Exceptionally athletic linebacker corps: Bruce Carter, Quan Sturdivant, and Zach Brown. All three are extremely rangey and experienced, with Brown running a sub 4.3 40. Easily the most athletic linebacking group in the country.

2. Despite losing Cam Thomas and EJ Wilson, still some dominant DLineman. Marvin Austin (DT) and Robert Quinn (DE) are both projected 1st rounders.

3. A blend of athletic youth and playmaking veterans in the secondary. Deunta Williams and Kendric Burney anchor this unit.

Mcshay (whatever he knows ) has 4 UNC defenses players going in the 1st round of his 2011 mock draft. Needless to say, they should be a real force in NCAA 11.

Me too!! I've been a season ticket holder now for 12 years and we should have if not the best defense in the country certainly top 5. Can't wait to see how they look in game. Our run defense was weak last year but hopefully we will put that issue to bed this year and all will be on display against LSU for the Chick Fila kickoff. Yates will probably be the starter but Renner should see some time at QB and wouldn't be suprised if he didn't have the job by the end of the season. JMHO
Old 04-29-2010, 04:23 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 7

I'm hoping that they get Alabama's defense right this year. We don't use the LOLB, MLB, ROLB instead we have Jack= LOLB, Will= MLB2, Mike=MLB1, Sam=ROLB. I would LOVE to see this implemented in this years NCAA. Also if they could get the Jack LB to have the option to get in a 3-point stance at the line of scrimmage or squat like the other LB's that would be awesome. Plus some of those awesome blitz package's would be cool too.
Work every day to dominate your opponent. You know, we have an opponent in this state that we work every day, 365 days a year, to dominate. That’s our goal. That’s what you get up every day to do, to dominate the people that you have to compete against and play against.- Nick Saban
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2010, 04:45 PM   #12
Rookie

GatorChomp1's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonTider
I\ We don't use the LOLB, MLB, ROLB instead we have Jack= LOLB, Will= MLB2, Mike=MLB1, Sam=ROLB.
Yeah, (almost) all teams do Weak, Middle and Strong LBs and not LOLB and ROLB. That'd be really nice to have it in the game. It would make it more realistic.

I'm most excited to play with Colorado State this year. We have a couple really fast linebackers and young play making safeties. Plus a few young guys that I'll have to work around.
Old 04-29-2010, 05:30 PM   #13
Pro

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorChomp1
Yeah, (almost) all teams do Weak, Middle and Strong LBs and not LOLB and ROLB. That'd be really nice to have it in the game. It would make it more realistic.

I'm most excited to play with Colorado State this year. We have a couple really fast linebackers and young play making safeties. Plus a few young guys that I'll have to work around.
the biggest thing about this is, the Weak, Middle and Strong part. The Weak linebacker should play on the weak side at all times, not just the left or just the right. This is also the same with cornerbacks (FCB, BCB for field side and Boundry) and with Safeties
Old 04-29-2010, 05:34 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 29

the only way this stuff will ever make it into the game is if we get a completely separate game mode for hard core gamers because everything you guys are talking about is over most people's head.
Old 04-29-2010, 05:51 PM   #15
Rookie

reco's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonTider
I'm hoping that they get Alabama's defense right this year. We don't use the LOLB, MLB, ROLB instead we have Jack= LOLB, Will= MLB2, Mike=MLB1, Sam=ROLB. I would LOVE to see this implemented in this years NCAA. Also if they could get the Jack LB to have the option to get in a 3-point stance at the line of scrimmage or squat like the other LB's that would be awesome. Plus some of those awesome blitz package's would be cool too.
bama d would be unstoppable if they did that!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2010, 05:56 PM   #16
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17

I'm agreeing with the North Carolina posts. Except McShay had 5 guys going first round, not four. Had to correct that.

But their athleticism is unbelievable. So much talent. Not really fair.

I'm also looking forward to using Va Tech's. Yes, they lost a lot, but they always have a great defense. And running that 4-4 they run is my favorite thing to do (except run a 3-4, but that's always been pointless.)
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »