Home

Need Help from the OS Forums

This is a discussion on Need Help from the OS Forums within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-30-2010, 12:55 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
Need Help from the OS Forums

Hey guys,

I'm looking at getting a copy of NCAA '09 for the PS2. With all of the hype from newer games on the PS3, I'm having a really hard time finding any kind of real review for the PS2 versions of the games.

I've heard from a lot of people that the PS2 games offer a larger amount of "franchise" options and that in most cases, they also play a lot better.

Can anyone give me a rundown on if this game is worth picking up used on the PS2... I'm also looking at pairing that up with Madden '09, also on the PS2, so if you have any info on that as well, please feel free to share. Thanks guys...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2010, 01:40 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 32
Re: Need Help from the OS Forums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingking77
Hey guys,

I'm looking at getting a copy of NCAA '09 for the PS2. With all of the hype from newer games on the PS3, I'm having a really hard time finding any kind of real review for the PS2 versions of the games.

I've heard from a lot of people that the PS2 games offer a larger amount of "franchise" options and that in most cases, they also play a lot better.

Can anyone give me a rundown on if this game is worth picking up used on the PS2... I'm also looking at pairing that up with Madden '09, also on the PS2, so if you have any info on that as well, please feel free to share. Thanks guys...
You just answered your own question. There is no real review, we all have different opinions.
Old 04-30-2010, 02:59 PM   #3
MVP

bh446066's Arena

OVR: 26

If you are soliciting opinions on the PS2 versions, I would personally steer clear of 09...waaaaaay too many turnovers and the momentum meter seems to be the worst it's ever been on that console. If I were you, I think the best Madden/NCAA combo would be the 08 versions. NCAA 08 had some issues with bad DB pursuit angles, but other than that I thought it was a solid game. I can even provide you some rosters and sliders if you have a MAX drive. Just trying to help.

BH

MLB 21 The Show
College Hoops 2K8
Pro Evolution Soccer 2018
NHL 19
NCAA Football 14/11
NBA 2K16
Madden 20
Old 04-30-2010, 05:46 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bh446066
If you are soliciting opinions on the PS2 versions, I would personally steer clear of 09...waaaaaay too many turnovers and the momentum meter seems to be the worst it's ever been on that console. If I were you, I think the best Madden/NCAA combo would be the 08 versions. NCAA 08 had some issues with bad DB pursuit angles, but other than that I thought it was a solid game. I can even provide you some rosters and sliders if you have a MAX drive. Just trying to help.

BH
Perfect man... That's exactly what I'm looking for. Like I said, everyone always talks about the PS3 stuff...

As for the rosters, I'll keep you posted. I'm playing on a PS3, but I've grown tired of the lack luster franchises and game play issues... I'm looking at going back and playing the games for PS2 on PS3... Do you have any way of getting the franchises as game saves for the PS3? Thanks a ton!
Old 04-30-2010, 05:48 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by str8artist
You just answered your own question. There is no real review, we all have different opinions.
While I see your point and thank you for your reply... I'm more or less asking if there are options in the PS2 versions of the games that make them better... Like franchise options in particular. You're right about game play though. It's all about personal taste...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2010, 08:06 PM   #6
MVP

duckfever8's Arena

OVR: 23

NCAA 09 had average gameplay, the dynasty was better than the current-gen one, but was the same as NCAA 07/08 dynasty mode. The game was more in depth, it had dreadlocks, coaches on sideline, suspensions, medical redshirts, heisman presentation, ESPN the Magazine, gameday, etc. NCAA 09 was the last PS2 NCAA I played, right before I bought the 360.
NBA-Portland Trail Blazers
NFL-Carolina Panthers
MLB-San Francisco Giants
NHL-Los Angeles Kings
Won't change this signature until Oregon wins a national championship (started 3/10/10)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »