Home

Would you rather have an overpowered...

This is a discussion on Would you rather have an overpowered... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Which would you rather be overpowered in 11?
Offense 7 6.86%
Defense 61 59.80%
Smart Aleck Neither.... 34 33.33%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-03-2010, 03:08 PM   #17
Rookie

prototype561's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Would you rather have an overpowered...

Yeah im sure nobody wants overpower offense or defense, but the offense especially the passing game is way overpowering, especially for the cpu.

These are logic and programming errors. I think we sit here complain about the game having no physics or whatever but it really boils down to really sucky cpu A.I. Think about it, you only can control 1 player and its up to the cpu to control the other 10 players. As it stands now when you move up on the difficulty the cpu doesnt get any smarter they dumb down your players and increase the attributes of the cpu players to make the game more competitive. Instead the cpu should play more smart(not doing all out blitzes in 3 and 6) and not lessen your teams a.i. abilities and increase their teams attributes.

Yeah these systems are more powerful from a graphics and processing standpoint, but the A.I. design and logic is still so far behind to every really create authentic gameplay.
Old 05-03-2010, 05:02 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 25

Defense 100%.....IMHO...D have been gimped since forever in Video game football for the most part. I would rather STRUGGLE and have to fight to win and really plan ahead....instead of KNOWING your gonna win more often than not.
Old 05-03-2010, 05:06 PM   #19
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Im sorry in order for this game to live up to it's potential it has to be neither. Teams have to play to their strength. I want to kill a Big 12 defense and struggle against a SEC defense.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.

Last edited by da ThRONe; 05-03-2010 at 05:40 PM.
Old 05-03-2010, 05:22 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 1

everybody says defense i would say defebse too, but what dominates real life college football besides the sec? offense of course
Old 05-03-2010, 06:14 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 8

Defense. The best kinds of games to play, IMO, are the low scoring, tough defensive slugfests.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2010, 06:21 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
Im sorry in order for this game to live up to it's potential it has to be neither. Teams have to play to their strength. I want to kill a Big 12 defense and struggle against a SEC defense.
I see what you mean, but we're probably not going to get a perfectly balanced game from EA. I don't hate on them or anything, but thats how I honestly see it. I think they personally make the game geared towards one way or the other.

Also, Big 12 defenses can be and sometimes are better than SEC defenses. Theres nothing like the defenses of the ACC though. UNC is basically an NFL defense.

― Plato
Old 05-03-2010, 06:21 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 34

I really dont think balance is too much to ask.

I dont want a overpowered anything. I simply want whatever happens on the field, to make football sense.

All I want is for things to schematically work the way they should, within reason, based on play calling, the talent of the players on the field, and the ability of the user.

There's too much reliance on stick skills and finding soft spots in the game, rather then x's and o's know-how.
Old 05-03-2010, 06:30 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 13

I'm not exactly saying I want the defense to be overpowered but it is way too easy to score most of the time.

Last edited by ConVick; 05-03-2010 at 07:43 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »