Home

Dynasty Recruiting

This is a discussion on Dynasty Recruiting within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-06-2010, 02:16 PM   #9
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Dynasty Recruiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeyebred2332
4) Absolutely need to fix the way teams recruit, which I'm hoping will happen with the 120 Ways to Win thing. Hate playing GT with a 60 speed pocket passer.

I also want this implemented, but they have to be careful how they do it.

Texas Tech doesn't always get the top QBs in the nation (they never do), and a guy like Julio Jones committed to a run-first Alabama team. I just hope they don't overdo it and have all of the top RBs trying to commit to Navy and Air Force because they run the ball.
Old 05-06-2010, 02:21 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 6

Along with everything else mentioned I think it would be a nice feature to keep each recruits recruiting profile(ie. national rank, star rating etc.) so that as you go deep into dynasty you can look at each player and remember what kind of a player you recruited.
Old 05-06-2010, 03:23 PM   #11
Rookie

floridagatorfan's Arena

OVR: 5

De-commits is the thing that you mentioned that I would like added. Then work on the AI of computer controlled teams, which would help with some of the other things that you mentioned.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2010, 05:13 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrMagic91
Im still playing NCAA 10 to keep my mind occupied until 11 comes out. But Im playing a Dynasty with Georgia and some of this recruiting stuff is dumb. And Im hoping 11 makes its better. If im missing stuff, just let me know.

1.) Get the Juco players out of the Recruit rankings. They dont need to be put in with the high school prospects.

2.) How about upping the height of the top receivers. I hardly see any 6'2-6'5 receivers unless they are like 3 stars. Same with DE's and QB's

3.) De-commits

4.) Dont let Texas Tech (just an example) get the top RB in the nation when all they do is throw the ball. Let the teams get who best fits their offense.

5.) Let these players be utilized. I look at these players after a year or so and they are all redshirted & crap or not doing anything, and could have been producing on my team.

6.) Some of the lower caliber schools get 4 or 5 star recruits every now and then. Id like to see a cold DE go to Baylor or something. ya know. (not hating on Baylor)

I apologize if someone has already said something about this, but these are my thoughts and what id like to see. Feel free to leave any of your suggestions please.
Those are two of my biggest gripes concerning dynasties. After a couple of seasons I realized I was better off with freshman because JUCO players were just as bad/good. Also, really hate seeing teams recruiting players that don't fit their offense or even worse, teams not recruiting TEs and end up using O-line back ups as starting TEs.

Last edited by ConVick; 05-06-2010 at 05:17 PM.
Old 05-06-2010, 05:25 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 15

Did 10 still have teams with 9+ QBs?? I know 09 did

My Teams
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Minnesota Vikings
NCAA FB: Nebraska Cornhuskers
NCAA BB: North Carolina Tar Heels
Old 05-06-2010, 05:34 PM   #14
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridagatorfan
De-commits is the thing that you mentioned that I would like added. Then work on the AI of computer controlled teams, which would help with some of the other things that you mentioned.
You can kind of say there are decommits, but not truly. Players who soft commit can change their commitment in 09 and 10 (I've stolen and had recruits stolen from me). So it's addressed in a sense, but not to the point where a player will commit then decommit and lose interest in them.
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

Old 05-06-2010, 05:55 PM   #15
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by chance
Did 10 still have teams with 9+ QBs?? I know 09 did
it's not as bad in 10 than it was in '09. the CPU is more balanced in the recruiting, however, some teams still didn't recruit enough OL.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2010, 05:58 PM   #16
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
it's not as bad in 10 than it was in '09. the CPU is more balanced in the recruiting, however, some teams still didn't recruit enough OL.
Yeah, a lot of teams would have 7-8 OLineman and only 2 TEs. I saw some teams cut the best TE recruit in the country.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »