Home

Stadiums Added in '11?

This is a discussion on Stadiums Added in '11? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-08-2010, 01:23 PM   #25
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Stadiums Added in '11?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shando14
But what about games played at neutral sites and are professional football sites already?
yea as a Notre Dame fan it sucks because they play Army at Yankees Stadium this year (and that stadium wont be in the game) and they play Navy at the New Meadowlands Stadium (which we havent heard is in the game and i doubt it will be since its a new stadium). I think Illinois plays Northwestern at Wrigley Field as well so that wont be in there. Lots of neutral games at baseball stadiums and NFL stadiums so it'd suck if we dont get some sort of reflection of that in the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2010, 05:42 PM   #26
One Last Job

TracerBullet's Arena

OVR: 37

Does anybody know how they got the Rogers Centre in Madden 09? And I figure the New Meadowlands Stadium won't be in because its new like you said Jersey. Also I get the feeling they'd rather show it off in Madden first.
Old 05-09-2010, 11:51 AM   #27
I Drink Like A Champion!!

yankeesgiants's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by gofresno
A new SJSU stadium has never even broken ground. And I know wikipedia is not the best source, but the links show the deal was close to being finished in February 2007, and the deal fell through in April 2007.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_San_Jose_State_Stadium

2007!!! lol how old are these quotes from?
They are from the NCAA 10 stadium updates blog so last year. Adam kinda admits that there is a pecking order as to who stadium gets done first and who has to wait. In terms of generic home stadiums, it's down to 5 going into this year:

San Jose State
Rice
Miami (OH)
Western Kentucky
Kent State
Old 05-10-2010, 01:49 AM   #28
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufgators253
Does anybody know how they got the Rogers Centre in Madden 09? And I figure the New Meadowlands Stadium won't be in because its new like you said Jersey. Also I get the feeling they'd rather show it off in Madden first.
Rogers Centre was in Madden 09? Didn't know that. I assume it's because the Bills played there, so it was part of the license.

As far as the Meadowlands, I doubt it would be in since it's only being used for a couple neutral site games, and the game has never had the option for non-rivalry neutral site games, and to my knowledge there's not going to be a bowl there. And for NFL stadiums, they just port over Madden's artwork for them, and since Madden releases later, they probably don't have the stadium done in time for the NCAA team to port it over. That's likely why Cowboys Stadium wasn't in last year.
Old 05-10-2010, 02:50 AM   #29
One Last Job

TracerBullet's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyJote
Rogers Centre was in Madden 09? Didn't know that. I assume it's because the Bills played there, so it was part of the license.

As far as the Meadowlands, I doubt it would be in since it's only being used for a couple neutral site games, and the game has never had the option for non-rivalry neutral site games, and to my knowledge there's not going to be a bowl there. And for NFL stadiums, they just port over Madden's artwork for them, and since Madden releases later, they probably don't have the stadium done in time for the NCAA team to port it over. That's likely why Cowboys Stadium wasn't in last year.
I don't think a lot of people know that Wembley Stadium and the Rogers Centre were both in Madden 09 in franchise mode.

And yep I'm pretty sure that that's why the Meadowlands Stadium won't be in as well.

Edit: Ok this won't be in effect till the year after this one, but Cal will play a full season at AT&T Park in 2011-12 season. I wonder if they would get the Minnesota or Akron treatment? Maybe that will be able to get them to put that stadium in finally.

Last edited by TracerBullet; 05-10-2010 at 03:23 AM.
Old 05-14-2010, 08:59 PM   #30
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufgators253
I don't think a lot of people know that Wembley Stadium and the Rogers Centre were both in Madden 09 in franchise mode.

And yep I'm pretty sure that that's why the Meadowlands Stadium won't be in as well.

Edit: Ok this won't be in effect till the year after this one, but Cal will play a full season at AT&T Park in 2011-12 season. I wonder if they would get the Minnesota or Akron treatment? Maybe that will be able to get them to put that stadium in finally.
The reason they can't do AT&T Park is because of licensing stuff. I'm not sure if they could use it even if Cal is temporarily playing there, and they probably would have to take it out as soon as Cal stopped playing there, so it probably wouldn't be a very efficient use of time. Plus, if you played Dynasty as Cal in NCAA 12, you'd be stuck playing at AT&T park for the whole dynasty.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »