Home

You gotta be kidding.. run commit still in 11

This is a discussion on You gotta be kidding.. run commit still in 11 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-07-2010, 01:57 PM   #25
MVP

Hiro1's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: You gotta be kidding.. run commit still in 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenGerman
If this blocking AI is everything its made out to be, Run Commit shouldn't be a problem.
Did you see run commit in 10? It tuned the whole defense to 95 acceleration!! hopefully we can turn it off. Along with gameplanning. On the other hand maybe the locomotion stopped the super speed, but in the end even the premise of run commit is unrealistic 11 players abandon their assignments at the snap regardless of the situation!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2010, 10:20 PM   #26
Rookie

Hey_Rebby's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangum
Any word on Jump The Snap?
I think it's still in there. In one of the videos from the NFL draft weekend event it showed a graphic that came up after the ball was hiked that said "Snapped Jumped" or something like that.
Old 05-07-2010, 10:35 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 11

lol it's easy to take advantage of a guy that uses run commit online, quit ur bitchin
Old 05-07-2010, 10:47 PM   #28
Rookie

MEAST26's Arena

OVR: 3

If they're leaving Run Commit in I'm fairly sure they will tweak it. I remember one of the Devs saying awhile back that they liked the idea of Run Commit, just not how effective it was in 10.
Old 05-07-2010, 11:33 PM   #29
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by longshanks
lol it's easy to take advantage of a guy that uses run commit online, quit ur bitchin
I won plenty of games last year online... 206-64 I believe all with wvu. Sure I've beat plenty of guys that use run commit... The point is it takes the fun out of the game and of course the realism goes out the window. It takes real football strategy out of the game.... If I line up in goalline offense and see that I have one side outmannedat the point of attack I shouldn't have to question whether a gimmick is gonna be used to kill it no matter what. It's stupid... I shouldn't have to second guess myself.
Old 05-07-2010, 11:37 PM   #30
Rookie

o 99 PROBL3MS o's Arena

I hate run commit and for that reason I think they should make it more extreme. They should make it such a complete sellout that it is too risky to call often. If someone run commits middle their entire team should go there. CBs, Ss and all. They should play that and that only with no regard for the pass, sweep etc. It should render the defense completely helpless against the pass. In its current state it renders defensive playcalling irrelevant. A person can come out in any formation regardless of personnel, play the run well and have solid pass coverage behind it. If it was a complete sellout people wouldn't use it as much I don't believe. If they aren't gonna remove it, make it more risky.
Old 05-07-2010, 11:42 PM   #31
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEAST26
If they're leaving Run Commit in I'm fairly sure they will tweak it. I remember one of the Devs saying awhile back that they liked the idea of Run Commit, just not how effective it was in 10.
I don't care how much they tweak it... There is no place for it. It's a gimmick and like I said before... Any option that makes player change their assignment to play the run is cheese. And in real life if a player broke their assignment based on a guess try would be benched. Period.

You pick te right personel and call a run blitz... Even flip it before the snap if you think the run is going in a particular direction. If the gameplay was done well enough this should all you need to do to stop the run.

Again the only way run commit is cool with me is if it's a presnap alignment or something where more players stack the area you think the run is going. Anything that affects the players after the snap is cheese.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2010, 11:48 PM   #32
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by o 99 PROBL3MS o
I hate run commit and for that reason I think they should make it more extreme. They should make it such a complete sellout that it is too risky to call often. If someone run commits middle their entire team should go there. CBs, Ss and all. They should play that and that only with no regard for the pass, sweep etc. It should render the defense completely helpless against the pass. In its current state it renders defensive playcalling irrelevant. A person can come out in any formation regardless of personnel, play the run well and have solid pass coverage behind it. If it was a complete sellout people wouldn't use it as much I don't believe. If they aren't gonna remove it, make it more risky.
So make the game even more unreal? As a play caller why should you ever have to worry about it? On 4th and inches why should I have to even think about passing? That would take all the fun out of the game. Yes! Another 90 yard pass, another 90 run, and crap 5 yard loss. Sounds fun!

Seriously ea... There should be no need for a feature like this. Nobody asked for it in the 20 frigging years of NCAA or madden for that matter. Then you add it, everyone hates it, and you keep it in?

I'm so beyond disapointed. All this new presentation and crap is for nothing.

Last edited by cgrierwv75; 05-07-2010 at 11:51 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »