Home

You gotta be kidding.. run commit still in 11

This is a discussion on You gotta be kidding.. run commit still in 11 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-08-2010, 12:07 AM   #33
Rookie

MEAST26's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: You gotta be kidding.. run commit still in 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgrierwv75
I don't care how much they tweak it... There is no place for it. It's a gimmick and like I said before... Any option that makes player change their assignment to play the run is cheese. And in real life if a player broke their assignment based on a guess try would be benched. Period.

You pick te right personel and call a run blitz... Even flip it before the snap if you think the run is going in a particular direction. If the gameplay was done well enough this should all you need to do to stop the run.

Again the only way run commit is cool with me is if it's a presnap alignment or something where more players stack the area you think the run is going. Anything that affects the players after the snap is cheese.
I'm with you that it doesn't need to be in the game at all, but if they're not going to take it out, atleast tweaking it is better than leaving it as is. Regardless, I personally don't care what they do with it since I only play in an OD with friends and we all agreed to just not use it. I haven't played any random online games since like 08, but I can imagine how much Run Commit is constantly abused.
Old 05-08-2010, 12:22 AM   #34
Rookie

gofresno's Arena

OVR: 8

I think it was a good idea, but poorly executed. It should be where the players anticipate the the selection and not just an all out blits. If its toned down then I don't mind even online.
Old 05-08-2010, 12:53 AM   #35
Rookie

o 99 PROBL3MS o's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgrierwv75
So make the game even more unreal? As a play caller why should you ever have to worry about it? On 4th and inches why should I have to even think about passing? That would take all the fun out of the game. Yes! Another 90 yard pass, another 90 run, and crap 5 yard loss. Sounds fun!

Seriously ea... There should be no need for a feature like this. Nobody asked for it in the 20 frigging years of NCAA or madden for that matter. Then you add it, everyone hates it, and you keep it in?

I'm so beyond disapointed. All this new presentation and crap is for nothing.

I am essentially saying make it more extreme and not worth the risk required.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2010, 09:58 AM   #36
Rookie

texasfan_95's Arena

OVR: 7

I never really experienced run commit issues online maybe because I exploited it not in a cheesing way but just running the offense I always do.
Old 05-08-2010, 10:05 AM   #37
OHIO ST8

jhogan3132's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by longshanks
lol it's easy to take advantage of a guy that uses run commit online, quit ur bitchin
CHEESER! I am fine with being able to slant your D Line, but this is crazy. Why is it that when you run commit your offense forgets how to block? There needs to be a disadvantage to running a quarter defense on every play.
Old 05-08-2010, 12:04 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 3

i think that run commit should stay in but be changed instead of having everyone run into to get behind the line. They should just take one or two steps towards the line and in the direction commited and then have to read the play. with the new locomotion videos we see that the d now has to stop and plant to change direction. that along with the devs removing the sprint button should make it much more harder for the d when they commit to the wrong side. and for a added mesure the devs should give the o line a boost to their stats when the d commits wrong. Also i think pass commit should also stay there is nothing worst then knowing that the other guy is going to run play action and still having your players fall for it
Old 05-08-2010, 06:41 PM   #39
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43

Run commit stinks because it was implemented horribly. It looks like Tecmo Bowl when you pick the right play that your opponent picks and your D is suddenly an angry swarm of bees that all run 3.8 40s.

We outlawed Run commit in the Legends league. It's a cheesy, gimmick that is implemented in a ridiculously unrealistic manner.
Old 05-10-2010, 09:49 AM   #40
Tradition Sports Online

RynoAid's Arena

OVR: 29

locomotion seems to have nerfed it's effectiveness in my experience. And if you guess the wrong direction.... DOH.. HUGE plays can be had against over aggresive D's. I don't think you will see the same type of abuse as you did in '10 after people get scorched a few times.

TAKING APPLICATIONS NOW FOR CCM LEAGUES
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/rynoaid

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »