Home

Authenticity

This is a discussion on Authenticity within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-09-2010, 03:30 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Authenticity

The ball is friggin uggggggggggggggeee.
Old 05-09-2010, 03:37 PM   #10
Banned

Bigdmo9999's Arena

OVR: 46

Presentation is hardly authentic
Old 05-09-2010, 03:38 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 36

Don't forget the dreads.

FLY EAGLES FLY

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2010, 03:42 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Presentation and team entrances are far from authentic.

― Plato
Old 05-09-2010, 03:44 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 4

I love this thread. I was playing UFC the other day and noticed even they used camera angles not used in the real ufc broadcast to immerse you into the game. So it is not just ea that does it. I also think people take authentic too far as 1 guy pointed out. ex They use authentic for the sale of jerseys yet they are not the exact jersey types the pros wear. All in all I was sold when the 1st equipment blog dropped. Everything after has just been douple frosting on my happy cake.

What I think happened in the other threads is people attcked EA instead of critiqueing them. Some guys just come off ungrateful and I think that is where most of the arguments arise.
Old 05-09-2010, 03:48 PM   #14
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gunslinger
Your question is a little vague. Do you mean to inquire about what new features add to or subtract from authenticity or what the game overall has lacked in authenticity?
i think his reason for this thread is the people complaining that entrances arent authentic because the mascot is carrying a flag and he hasnt done that in a few years, or that replay angles are not like they are on tv even though EA has said they wanted them that way because they can do things in the game that cant be done on tv.

Alot of the threads like dreads, replays, entrances start off with good discussions on the stuff but then get out of hand because a couple of people keep making the same points over and over and over and keep complaining over and over and over page after page in the same thread. They repeat themselves over and over as if it makes their point more valid or something.

Do we want things to be as authentic as possible? Of course, we all do.

But i think through the years too many people have become too spoiled and feel they know more than the people making games. For the most part i'd say the majority of us are between 19-30 yrs old and started playing video games around the Bill Walsh days and have played every year since so we grew up with these games. And as the technology has improved, and we've gotten older, we've gotten more spoiled and stuck up.

Back when we started playing games we didnt have the internet and message boards to talk to people and complain 24/7/365 like we do now.

The game hasnt even come out yet and people are complaining about things. When a new video or information comes out, people sit there and disect it like a coach breaking down gametape. Instead of enjoying the game for what it is and looking at the fun and good, we sit there and pick apart the bad and complain, complain, complain.

No matter how good or bad the game is people are going to complain mostly because they have this preconceived notion in their mind to look for the negative so when they play the game they dont enjoy it for what it is, they focus on the negatives and let that ruin the game for them.

Go back and play Bill Walsh College Football for Genesis or College Football 96 and remember that when you played that game you had fun and enjoyed it and then play the recent games and see the improvements visually and gameplay wise. We werent complaining about glitches or things back then like we do now.

For many years it would annoy me when people on message boards would take EA's tagline "If its in the game, its in the game" and would run with that to bash them by saying they are missing things in the game and i thought if its in the game, its in the game. Now people are running with EA using the word authentic and saying that isn't authentic because it isnt 100% accurate. Like i said in another thread, when you order an authentic NFL jersey from the NFL shop of Ray Lewis it isnt 100% authentic because Ray Lewis wears tight sleeves and the jersey you order has loose sleeves, but are people calling up the NFL shop to complain that its not 100% authentic? No. People are running with that word authentic.

Instead of seeing the improvements that have been made, waiting to play the game, and enjoying it, people are complaining about the game before they've even played it and using the "why should we settle" or "if we dont complain then EA will never change it or add it" excuse to back up their reasons for complaining.

Its sad that people can bash a game so much before even playing it because you're never going to enjoy the game if you're going into it with a negative attitude. But thats the way things are these days with 24/7 internet forums where everyone has a voice.
Old 05-09-2010, 03:58 PM   #15
Banned

Bigdmo9999's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
Alot of the threads like dreads, replays, entrances start off with good discussions on the stuff but then get out of hand because a couple of people keep making the same points over and over and over and keep complaining over and over and over page after page in the same thread. They repeat themselves over and over as if it makes their point more valid or something.
I stopped reading after this because I figured you'd just go on being hypocritical. You are complaining about stuff you yourself is doing. You keep arguing "oh its a video game" or "oh they say they want it that way" or "just be happy its in".

You yourself can't complain about others when you are doing the exact same thing.

Good day.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2010, 04:03 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 27

Well, the presentation is not authentic ESPN presentation beyond the overlays and wipes no matter what spin gets put on it and there has certainly been no shortage of spin since this all got released. And again, it's all of their camera work that misses the mark, not just replays (how come everyone only brings up replays?).

I guess it's okay to be told it's authentic, but wrong for us to challenge it when it's clearly not. In reality, not speaking up has been part of the problem. What sticks in my mind is, you see videos where they talked about they listened to the communities, but the question is if they listened how did they miss the primary part of nailing down presentation which is the camera angles, after there had been plenty of visibile posts showing them? But beyond that, football is on TV for months every year. What more do they need?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »