Home

Best Stadiums in College Football

This is a discussion on Best Stadiums in College Football within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-11-2010, 06:16 PM   #49
Rookie

ditchrider1's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Best Stadiums in College Football

Quote:
Originally Posted by souljahbill
When I was a student athletic trainer at Southern Miss in 2001, we played at Penn St. It was their homecoming game. I gotta say, to be honest, they were the most disappointing crowd we were around that season. I expected to go deaf with all the people there (108,000, I believe) but it was so dull and lifeless. I attributed it to being homecoming and there being a lot of alumni at the game who don't go all crazy anymore like current students would or they just didn't give a crap about some stupid school from Mississippi. I hope one of the two is the case because if not, I'd say that the crowd at UL-Lafayette that year was a superior crowd with far less people (Drunk cajuns are HYSTERICAL!). The stadium however, is nice. Can't take anything away from it.
No offense but chances are it was because you were Southern Miss. I went there to see my school Akron play and it was loud but nowhere as loud as it is for big ten games according to my boss who is a PSU alum and season ticket holder....especially the night games there.

They don't give a crap about us non-conference mid major programs.
Old 05-11-2010, 06:53 PM   #50
Banned

AttackAttack's Arena

OVR: 6

Of course i love Williams Brice. But i would like to know what the rest of the Nation thinks about our stadium? Ive always thought it had a rep for being loud and crazy. But no one here has said anything about it. Im pretty sure its just as loud as Clemson's. Growing up i never heard about Clemson being very loud. It was always WB.
Old 05-11-2010, 07:05 PM   #51
We Go Again

VTPack919's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon6317
cant wait to make the trip to auburn this fall..should be a good game...im gonna put my money on the Tigers tho
You are both tigers...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2010, 07:16 PM   #52
Rookie

Catamount53's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTPack919
You are both tigers...
Im sure it was a joke...
Old 05-11-2010, 08:10 PM   #53
Rookie

thesublime's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by AttackAttack
Of course i love Williams Brice. But i would like to know what the rest of the Nation thinks about our stadium? Ive always thought it had a rep for being loud and crazy. But no one here has said anything about it. Im pretty sure its just as loud as Clemson's. Growing up i never heard about Clemson being very loud. It was always WB.

I’ve actually been to Williams-Brice twice. I was at the UT/USC game in 06 and the Halloween game in 08. It can get pretty loud, but it isn’t a sustainable roar like you’d find in Baton Rouge, Gainesville or Knoxville (though that hasn’t been the case for about 2 years). I don’t mean to offend you, but USCe probably has the worst fans I’ve encountered…home or away. That’s neither here nor there, though.

I grew up in Knoxville and of course, spent the best 4 years of my life supporting UT as a student. I’m either deathly ill or bound by blood to another event (wedding or funeral) if I’m not in section C on game days. My parents have had season tickets as long as I can remember. I’ve seen some good ones in Knoxville. The ’98 Arky game was insane. All hope was lost…until Clint Stoerner’s bumble, stumble, fumble while trying to burn the clock. Billy Ratliff recovers and Travis Henry scores a few plays later. You could tell that night that something great was happening. Every NC team has a game like that (Bama/UT in 09). That was the loudest I’ve ever experienced any stadium.

Death Valley and The Swamp are the only places I’ve been that rival Neyland. I feared for my life in Baton Rouge. Those guys are NUTS! BHG is wild, too…and you can’t help but get caught up in it all. I’ve only ever seen one incident at BHG that rubbed me wrong. As hated a rivalry as UT/UF is, Florida has some great fans. Bryant Denney was an absolute letdown...I was so bummed. Vaught Hemmingway was terrible…though pregameing in The Grove is amazing. Jordan Hare is loud and has some great fans. Sanford is a nice place…probably not as rowdy as Jordan Hare. Razorback, Vandy and Commonwealth are all a disgrace to the SEC. I’ve been to several bowl games and have enjoyed most. I’m not a big fan of the GA Dome…but maybe that’s because its been so terrible to us. Wisconsin fans are awful…2nd only to South Carolina. Flew out to Sun Devil stadium in Tempe for the Fiesta Bowl…FSU has a rowdy group. Michigan fans are so dosile...maybe it was the beatdown we put on them…who knows. I’ve caught some Vandy road games and some Clemson home games. Memorial Stadium is up there, too.

If I were to throw out Neyland due to obvious bias, my top 3 I've experiencd would be:
1. Ben Hill Griffin
2. Death Valley (the real one)
3. Jordan Hare

The 5 best stadium experiences in college football, in no particular order:

Neyland
Ben Hill Griffin
Autzen (sheer volume)
Death Valley
The Horseshoe (too great traditions to NOT get wrapped up in it)
Old 05-11-2010, 08:58 PM   #54
Banned

brandon6317's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTPack919
You are both tigers...
no $#!T
Old 05-11-2010, 09:05 PM   #55
Banned

brandon6317's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AttackAttack
prolly think im being biased, but i've been to every clemson/carolina game for past 10 years and personally believe that DV is the loudest of the 2.. Willy brice is loud, but only in spurts...its very loud during the entrance and after that settles down a bit except for when sandstorms comes on...i believe DV is more consistently loud through out the game..as for the stadium itself, great place to watch the game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2010, 09:36 PM   #56
Pro

souljahbill's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchrider1
No offense but chances are it was because you were Southern Miss. I went there to see my school Akron play and it was loud but nowhere as loud as it is for big ten games according to my boss who is a PSU alum and season ticket holder....especially the night games there.

They don't give a crap about us non-conference mid major programs.
No, it's cool. Like I said, it had to be one of those 2 reasons because I couldn't believe that so many people would be so quiet and uninvolved.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »