Home

Online $10 extra for used copies.....

This is a discussion on Online $10 extra for used copies..... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-11-2010, 11:30 AM   #33
Phenom

seasprite's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Online $10 extra for used copies.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by rp71284
The amount of PS3/360 gamers that can pirate a game can't be more than 5% (which I think is very generous). If you say how many can pirate the game AND actually get on the online portion, I'd bet it's less than 1%.
I agree to disagree then
Old 05-11-2010, 11:33 AM   #34
Rookie

kindella2's Arena

OVR: 9

I fully expected this.

this is almost a result of thier own doing, on next gen the game has not been what some people desired thus they wait to buy it used which has been hurting the EA bottom line but not the stores.

So after so many years a lot of people recommend that you either rent or wait for impressions or buy used, EA isnt making any money off that so they had to find a way to get thier money.
Old 05-11-2010, 12:50 PM   #35
Rookie

BigBlue10989's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
If it's on any console, it's 360. I don't even think you can play pirated games on Wii or PS3.
Piracy is more of a problem for single player games. On XBL if you get caught with a modded XBOX (which is needed to play pirated games) you get a hardware ban for life.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2010, 01:21 PM   #36
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catamount53
Too bad i cant get the game for $10 cheaper because i dont play online
yeah that'd be nice.
Old 05-11-2010, 01:56 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 2

Really, Really. One they keep coming out with games 3/4 complete. Secondly, we have to wait months for freaking updates to correct the games. Thirdly, we spend hours upon hours fixing sliders. I do not see how people can say Madden or NCAA come on their respected dates b/c it will probably take another 2-3 months after updates and sliders to be able to start a decent franchise. If EA really cared about us there would be no way that 2k5 is still one of the best football games ever after 7yrs. W T F !!! EA is lucky we live in a society where when people want something they want it no matter what. In the old days I would have boycotted there BS to keep them in check. People complain about the BS that EA does and yet you keep buying games that take 3 months to get them playable if at all. Hello we are the ones paying their salaries in the long run. Realistically, it is amazing to see how many months people spend finding the right sliders for a game that is just not complete. In software business trust me things like this occur mainly in the videogame industry. Years and years of spending money on halfway decent games and now they want to try to tax in some way to bring about more revenue. BS BS BS. Make games right the first time everyone would like it new period. Great games are barely found used until after like 3-4 months. NCAA / Madden out Thanksgiving and Christmas because that's when all the updates and sliders corrections from the updates will be complete. I might get a copy then if it's worth after you guys finish stressing for months on correct sliders and EA's delayed updates. Believe that Slick!!!!!!
Old 05-11-2010, 05:36 PM   #38
Pro

FAIRDALE_KINGS's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewiel
No, you won't have to buy another Online Pass. If you have already redeemed the code from your game manual or purchased Online Pass access, you will be able to access online features from any console using the same Xbox 360 gamer tag or Playstation3 persona. You may need to go to the ‘my downloaded content’ section in Xbox LIVE Marketplace or PSN Store to re-download your EA SPORTS Online Pass.

From the EA FAQ:
Do I need an unique Online Pass for every user on my console?
No. One Online Pass will give online access to multiple users logged into the console where the Online Pass was first activated (subject to the console manufacturer’s and EA online terms of service).

Also, the user that activated the Online Pass will be allowed to access online features on other consoles (of the same manufacturer) by logging into the same account credentials that they used when they enabled the Online Pass.

*** That's cool if you are the only person that is going to be playing the game in your household...

But I have four Xbox 360 consoles in my house and there are three unique gamer tags- mine, my son and my daughter. We all love to play NCAA Football, including my daughter, and it will not always be on the same console with the same gamertag. If I'm using my gamertag FAIRDALE KINGS to play Madden '11 in the living room on the 56" HDTV or whatever other EA Sports title that is associated with a particular game... while my son or daughter wants to play NCAA '11 in their bedroom it will be impossible unless we fork up another $20.

Also... there is no way that I'm going to allow my son or daughter to play online against their friend's using my gamertag.... and taking losses under my gamertag. That isn't going to happen. If I purchase a game for $60 I should be able to let my kids play the game with their OWN gamertags and NOT be charged an additional $10 for each additional person in the house that wants to play the game with their own unique gamertag. I'm already paying $150/ year for three Xbox Live gamertags. And I purchased the game new for $60. But that doesn't give me the right to allow my kids to play the game unless they pay an additional $10 for each additional gamertag. Yeah right!

It's also not practical to only play NCAA '11 on my console, Madden '11 on my son's console, Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 11 on my daughter's console and NBA Live '11 on my wife's console. This makes no sense. At least when I played NCAA Football on the old Xbox we had some decent stat keeping to check out opponent tendencies. The so-called new services associated with Season Pass will not be worth any additional revenue that EA Sports is bringing in. This move really hurts families where there are multiple consoles in the household.

I can't wait until some idiot types in the wrong Season Pass access code and inadvertantly registers the wrong code on a console... thus rendering the Average Joe's legitimate access code useless. Mark my words. This will be a nightmare for EA Sports.

Last edited by FAIRDALE_KINGS; 05-11-2010 at 05:58 PM.
Old 05-11-2010, 07:59 PM   #39
MVP

lnin0's Arena

OVR: 23

This is a used tax which penalizes the gamers - nobody else. It doesn't punish the store selling the used games and making millions off of it. No. In the end Gamestop gets paid the same; EA gets paid more and the gamer; be it if you are selling, buying used, renting, playing on a different TV or borrowing from a friend, pays the 'used' tax.
Old 05-12-2010, 11:49 AM   #40
Pro

ab2c4's Arena

OVR: 8

I was thinking more about this last night. I have never played a football game online in my life. I have always been an offline single player Dynasty guy so there really isn't any reason for me to buy this game new, is there? I mean, If I only play offline single player Dynasty I really don't need the online code.

In fact, if I am waiting a month until after it is released so it can be patched and hear what others have to say before deciding on buying it, used copies might be even cheaper at Gamestop by then.

Another thing, I am thinking that EA must really feel this will be the greatest NCAA football game they have ever released on any console. They have to be in order to be starting this new $10 policy. It would be pretty stupid if the game was as bad as the last two years, talk about loosing sales......

I hope EA realizes that that by implementing this new $10 policy that gamers will be expecting more out of EA's games than ever before. So, EA has a lot to live up to now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »