Home

What is your personal NCAA "ritual"

This is a discussion on What is your personal NCAA "ritual" within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-16-2010, 08:48 PM   #33
Pro

GoToledo's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: What is your personal NCAA "ritual"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniperhare
Rituals are for serial killers and cultists.

Sideshow Bob
Old 05-16-2010, 09:41 PM   #34
In Dalton I Trust

Buckeyes_Doc's Arena

OVR: 32

When I was younger me and my brother would always walk up the street to the Media Play and pick it up, then eat Wendys or Taco Bell because they were in the same shopping plaza and then go home and play it. I was always Ohio St and he was always Miami.

This lasted for a couple years I think from NCAA 2003-NCAA 2006.

Now I just go to the local Wal-Mart of whatever and pick it up after work if I can and then play a exhibition game or two. Practice some and then start my dynasty.
Old 05-17-2010, 12:15 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikB13
Wake up the day before release knowing it is going to be a long day lol, find something to try to keep my mind off NCAA, fail at doing that, When 8 or so rolls around i start to get ready (get my Mag to name the rosters, get my food/drinks for the night so i dont have to leave my room, and call my buddy Zack), Meet with Zack at about 11. Go to where we're getting the game at, after getting it he comes over, we check it out start naming rosters practicing etc ( we have two TVs and two consoles (1 PS3 1 XBOX 360)) go to bed at around 4, wake up the next day and do not turn off my console lol thats my ritual.
amen. i stock up on the food so i can just pause and eat. if this game is what i expect it to be i may have to call in to work
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2010, 02:53 PM   #36
Banned

dingleberryfinn's Arena

OVR: 7

buy athlons & lindys asap , love the midnite release , get home asap , play an exhibition vs aubrin , then name everyone on crimson tide while waiting for a buckeye02 roster to be available
Old 05-17-2010, 02:54 PM   #37
Banned

dingleberryfinn's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniperhare
Rituals are for serial killers and cultists.
& for video gamers & saturdays in the fall
Old 05-17-2010, 03:05 PM   #38
Rookie

GatorChomp1's Arena

OVR: 3

I would always go first thing in the morning to walmart or best buy with my brother, then go home and play all day. I swear we're like kids on Christmas morning walking back to the video game section. Now that we're older with jobs, and don't live as close as we used to, we both get it at lunch break, then play online all night. It's one of those traditions that we'll hopefully continue as long as they put NCAA out. It'll be really weird when I move to FL next year and he's still in CO, it'll give me an extra 2 hours to practice before he gets off work
Old 05-17-2010, 03:09 PM   #39
MVP

OVR: 34

First thing I do, right out of the box is play Notre Dame-Michigan. That's always the very first game I play.

I play it straight to get a feel for how the game flows and plays.

Then I go online and play a game where I purposely act a fool, to see what nonsense can still be pulled off.

Then I go to practice mode and develop my schemes, and learn the plays.

Then I play nothing but Rivalry game matchups until rosters and sliders, and OD's kick in to gear.

Last edited by sportyguyfl31; 05-17-2010 at 03:11 PM.
Old 05-17-2010, 04:31 PM   #40
Banned

mrMagic91's Arena

OVR: 23

I buy my game at Wal Mart at midnite. Go get a hot & spicy chicken sandwich from Mcdonalds and play all night.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »