Home

Do you think...

This is a discussion on Do you think... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-23-2010, 02:56 AM   #9
Rookie

floridagatorfan's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Do you think...

This wouldn't be a feature that they would save for later, because it's not something that would affect as many people.

Also, I think the thought behind teambuilder was to allow people to create an FCS team if they really wanted to play as one.
Old 05-23-2010, 03:08 AM   #10

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridagatorfan
This wouldn't be a feature that they would save for later, because it's not something that would affect as many people.
I disagree. I think this affects many more than you think it does.

Living in Gainesville you wouldn't come across it much, but there are many college football fans throughout the county that would love to play as their local or relevant FCS school.

I live in Pitt country but would love to have dynasty with Montana State (where I was born) without having to create all the schools in that conference...
Old 05-23-2010, 08:29 AM   #11
MVP

boritter's Arena

OVR: 31

I would doubt it. I don't think it is a "bullet point" feature that they can tout on the back of the box. Hardcore gamers want it but I think casual fans could care less.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2010, 09:10 AM   #12
In Dalton I Trust

Buckeyes_Doc's Arena

OVR: 32

I would love to have this but I doubt it. I can't remember which screenshot it was in but it was on a ticker that showed the upcoming games and it showed a team playing FCS East.

I really have no clue why FCS teams aren't added, or why they were taken away in the first place. It would add a lot more to dynasty instead of seeing FCS East, West, etc. And a lot of college football fans are fans of these teams so it would be a benefit for them to play as their team without having to create one.
Old 05-23-2010, 09:53 AM   #13
stewaat

OVR:

I don't want them in the game to be honest.

Too many resources would be taken up by them. Jerseys/rosters/stadiums/schedules

Old 05-23-2010, 10:09 AM   #14
Banned

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewaat
I don't want them in the game to be honest.

Too many resources would be taken up by them. Jerseys/rosters/stadiums/schedules
Not really, all EA really needs to do with current teams are some uniform updates, roster updates, and updated schedules. We had these teams on the PS1 and PS2/Xbox generation of consoles, losing them in the PS360 generation is just disgusting.
Old 05-23-2010, 03:38 PM   #15
Rookie

beelo's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
I hope so, it'll make the "120 ways to win" kind of pointless.

as for FCS team(which I'm sure was what the OP was thinking of), I seriously doubt it. one of the dynasty blogs showed one of those FCS generic teams.
I think they will have a good announcement for team builder, and dynasty, but not FCS teams.

Not New, just soft spoken.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2010, 04:44 PM   #16
MVP

Hiro1's Arena

OVR: 7

I grew up watching Famu(FCS) in Tallahassee. They were my all-time favorite team to watch in the 90s. My parents had season tickets since I was 2, so I didn't become an FSU fan until my cousin began playing football for FSU. I'm happy they NEVER added FCS teams to next gen. The uniforms/rosters/field art were never up to date. It wasted much needed resources that could have been used else where. I enjoy Teambuilder, that way Famu has accurate unis, rosters, coach and field art. Teambuilder > 100+ inaccurate FCS teams. Plus if your team comes out with a new uniform you can update yourself. Or you can send them to FBS with a bigger stadium.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »