Home

Are you the AD or Coach?

This is a discussion on Are you the AD or Coach? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Coach or AD?
Coach 36 53.73%
AD 31 46.27%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-24-2010, 05:38 PM   #9
Rookie

Vaporub83's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Are you the AD or Coach?

I want to be like Derek Dooley was at Louisiana Tech. He was the Head Football coach and the Athletic Director.
Old 05-24-2010, 06:36 PM   #10
MVP

Ziza9Noles94's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyJote
See, the scheduling of home/home games is something I really want in the game. I've never really liked how you do your whole schedule in August right before the season starts. I'd love to be able to get your schedule going years in advance. Oregon has at least one game already scheduled for every year until 2019! That'd be great to have in the game.
Oh, I agree. Don't get me wrong. I want advanced scheduling in the game. I just don't want to play an AD mode to get it. I prefer coaching, but would love it if the advanced scheduling feature could make it in as an option with the rest of the pre-season tasks.
Old 05-24-2010, 06:37 PM   #11
MVP

Gossennator's Arena

OVR: 15

AD
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2010, 06:54 PM   #12
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziza9Noles94
Oh, I agree. Don't get me wrong. I want advanced scheduling in the game. I just don't want to play an AD mode to get it. I prefer coaching, but would love it if the advanced scheduling feature could make it in as an option with the rest of the pre-season tasks.
I guess for me, a good AD mode will have nothing to do with pricing seats, etc. I hated that about Owner Mode in Madden. But I do like being able to hire/fire coaches, change conferences, handle the scheduling, etc. I'd even be okay with building a stadium (though I'd prefer to be able to have stadium expansions for smaller schools, rather than a whole new stadium, but that's probably just not realistic). I have no desire to rename my stadium with a corporate name (I wish Madden would take that out - I hate having every other stadium have a fake corporate named stadium in year two, even though the old stadium name is still plastered all over the stadium).
Old 05-24-2010, 06:57 PM   #13
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46

Just give us both choices somewhat similar to Choops (open legacy/ close legacy)

anywho..Im mainly a cpu vs cpu kinda guy so its AD for me ^_^
Old 05-24-2010, 07:16 PM   #14
Rookie

beelo's Arena

OVR: 4

AD, for how much it could bring to dynasties. Watch you team evolve, then if/when you lose your coach, watch them change identities, rinse repeat...

Not New, just soft spoken.
Old 05-24-2010, 07:19 PM   #15
MVP

prowler's Arena

OVR: 11

I think people are veering away from the OP's original question. It's not an issue of AD duties vs coaching duties; presumably you'd wear both hats regardless and do as little or as much as you wanted with the CPU handling the rest.

The question is would you rather stay with the original team or leave when a better job is offered; that's it. Not scheduling vs recruiting or stadium building vs gameplanning, etc; just would you stay or go.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2010, 08:25 PM   #16
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

AD.

I only play as Louisville and only want to play as Louisville. I have no desire to be any other team. I want to hire coaches and coordinators, much like the Madden series, or how it was done via CHoops 2k8.

I truly am hoping that AD mode made it into the game this year, with the coaching carousel. Damn...how sweet would that be.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »