Home

The Official "Plea to EA to remove visibility of 'points' in recruiting" thread

This is a discussion on The Official "Plea to EA to remove visibility of 'points' in recruiting" thread within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Do you feel EA should remove "points" from being visible in recruiting?
Yes, This makes recruiting feel even less unrealistic 40 42.11%
No, I like it more this way 17 17.89%
I don't care 38 40.00%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-28-2010, 02:27 PM   #25
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)
Re: The Official "Plea to EA to remove visibility of 'points' in recruiting" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan
They could do five blogs on it and you still wouldn't know exactly how it feels in the game until you've played it. You never know it might be something people like once they've played or at the very least can tolerate. This thread should be put on hold until at least August.
I guess we can agree to disagree. Because going through the 10 cycle I knew the stuff they added was fluff and added nothing to the game before I ever played it. I have a completely different feel about the 11 cycle. I'm not passing judgement because all the info isnt out, but I understand the concern and I share those concern. So if I'm not satified with the last blog concerning this add me to the take it out crowd.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2010, 02:42 PM   #26

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: The Official "Plea to EA to remove visibility of 'points' in recruiting" thread

I'm very surprised by the 50-50 split between those that hate it and those who don't care. The people have spoken.
Old 05-28-2010, 03:01 PM   #27
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegeezy
I'm very surprised by the 50-50 split between those that hate it and those who don't care. The people have spoken.
If people are like me they're waiting for the final shoe to drop before making a decision.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 05-28-2010, 06:29 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 1

I'd like the option to turn it off. The bars were fine, numbers are just too specific.
Old 05-28-2010, 06:37 PM   #29
Tim Tebow has landed!

T3B0W's Arena

OVR: 22

I don't care

Bigger things to worry about when improving the NCAA franchise IMO. I take the point of the opening poster though. It's just not that bigger a deal to me when I am more concerned with other aspects that I'd deem 'more important'.
Old 05-28-2010, 09:59 PM   #30
MVP

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegeezy
With all due respect, I have been playing video games long enough to know how I am going to feel about something when it comes to something cosmetic like this. This isn't something I have to "test out" to know if I will like it or not.
the point is all you know is that there's a number system you don't know to what extent it impacts recruiting. It doesn't matter how long you've been playing video games because this is something none of us have seen before in NCAA so it's pointless to make a judgement without playing first
Old 05-29-2010, 04:24 PM   #31
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan
the point is all you know is that there's a number system you don't know to what extent it impacts recruiting. It doesn't matter how long you've been playing video games because this is something none of us have seen before in NCAA so it's pointless to make a judgement without playing first
What he is saying is he doesn't have to test it out to know how it is. It's been explained to us already. This isn't locomotion or something. These are indicators. What is there to test it out? It shows you precisely how well you are doing with a recruit. There is nothing else to it. There's nothing to test out. The bars were ok because they showed you how well you are doing with a recruit but it was ambiguous enough so that you didn't know EXACTLY were you stood with the recruit or you didn't know EXACTLY how far back you were from the no.1 school. I feel the same way as he does. This definitely has to go or at least have an on/off toggle.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2010, 04:37 PM   #32
MVP

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
What he is saying is he doesn't have to test it out to know how it is. It's been explained to us already. This isn't locomotion or something. These are indicators. What is there to test it out? It shows you precisely how well you are doing with a recruit. There is nothing else to it. There's nothing to test out. The bars were ok because they showed you how well you are doing with a recruit but it was ambiguous enough so that you didn't know EXACTLY were you stood with the recruit or you didn't know EXACTLY how far back you were from the no.1 school. I feel the same way as he does. This definitely has to go or at least have an on/off toggle.
There's plenty that hasn't been explained to us; What if multiple teams are close in points? what if they're tied? how easy/hard is it to make up point differential? We don't know the answer to any of those so again there's no credible reason to have a thread like this at this point when the only info we really have is we'll see numbers instead of a bar. And also there's no real difference between the bars and numbers anyway. I'm not sure how you can call it ambiguous when a recruit has a filled up green bar at the top of his list and 1/2 full yellow bar at the bottom?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »