Home

NCAA Football 11 Blog: Offensive Styles - Spread Offense

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 11 Blog: Offensive Styles - Spread Offense within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-29-2010, 02:20 AM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: NCAA Football 11 Blog: Offensive Styles - Spread Offense

the way i see it they will never be able to get rid of the warps and sliding. The guy is supposed to block the man, and its probably too hard to develop the AI to move @ certain speeds/angles to fake like hes doing 1 thing then go block. If he jus went to block and didnt fake, people would complain about that! Jus gotta roll with it! At the end of the day its a video game, there will be imperfections, no video game EVER has been perfect!
Old 05-29-2010, 05:06 AM   #74
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBFitted
the way i see it they will never be able to get rid of the warps and sliding. The guy is supposed to block the man, and its probably too hard to develop the AI to move @ certain speeds/angles to fake like hes doing 1 thing then go block. If he jus went to block and didnt fake, people would complain about that! Jus gotta roll with it! At the end of the day its a video game, there will be imperfections, no video game EVER has been perfect!
I can't think of any imperfections with Super Mario World right off the top of my head.

The pass speed is a bit disappointing, though. Using some quick math the guy was throwing that ball around 50 mph. That might be ok if he was heaving a bomb or something, but for a bubble screen? That just tells me that every QB in the game is gonna be able to 'drive the ball' perfectly on those deep outs and put NFL 'zip' on all their passes. I was really hoping they'd work on this.
Old 05-29-2010, 06:42 AM   #75
Pro

blackscorpion11's Arena

OVR: 13

Running animations look terrible, still skating
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2010, 06:44 AM   #76
Pro

blackscorpion11's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpice
Totally agree with you. #10 made a huge magical slide to get into place to make that block. I wish they would get rid of these slides and warps.

To get rid of that you'd have to re-build the gameplay engine, EA isnt willing to do that..They just keep coming up with gimmicks..last year it was adaptive A.I., this year it's locomotion and a hybrid pro-tac
Old 05-29-2010, 02:02 PM   #77
Rookie

OVR: 5
Info on Bazooka formation from http://www.coachwyatt.com/blaik9.html :

"It was during a rare - and brief - post-season vacation at Key Biscayne, Florida that Blaik came up with the idea that would capture the imagination of the sports world, and come to symbolize the 1958 Army team in a way that few teams are symbolized.

The idea was an offensive formation which Blaik called a "far flanker." Actually an end split 20 to 30 yards wide, the "far flanker" was often an extra end, set wide to the other side of the formation and creating an unbalanced line - a variation of the "Bazooka" formation the Army had run the season before. Its purpose was to answer what Blaik considered his offense's most pressing problem: the rolled-up cornerbacks of what would now be called a 5-2 defense, creating a 5-4-2 defense, or, in effect, a nine-man front."
Old 05-29-2010, 02:03 PM   #78
Rookie

OVR: 1

another thing I noticed was in the bubble screen video. Look at some of the moves that the Left End is putting on the tackle. They spar for a little bit, and then the End gets the tackle out of postition and sort of slams him to the ground. I don't recall seeing that in NCAA10. Hopefully an indicator of more varied line interaction.
Old 05-29-2010, 02:12 PM   #79
MVP

boritter's Arena

OVR: 31
Sounds better but I'm to the point where I need to play it to see if the improvements actually translate to real gameplay.

Edit: The warp for #10 on the bubble screen is ugly. Maybe the suction/warp effects will be gone once we get a new engine on the Xbox 720 & PS4?????

Last edited by boritter; 05-29-2010 at 02:16 PM.
Old 05-29-2010, 02:13 PM   #80
Rookie

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr janny
another thing I noticed was in the bubble screen video. Look at some of the moves that the Left End is putting on the tackle. They spar for a little bit, and then the End gets the tackle out of postition and sort of slams him to the ground. I don't recall seeing that in NCAA10. Hopefully an indicator of more varied line interaction.
Nice call. It's nice to see someone point out a positive rather than a negative. Although, the magical block was troubling to be sure... hopefully the bubble screen isn't as overpowered as it looks. Even so, perhaps switching to man or playing short zones will be a nice counter to the bubble screen. It is a tough play to defend when used correctly.

Also, to the guys who are saying the bubble screen is usually called at the LOS. Don't we have access to the entire playbook when we call an audible? Or is that just in "hurry up" mode? If so, then players can make an appropriate read at the LOS and really wreak havoc. That would be nice.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »