Home

NCAA 10 isn't as bad as a lot of ppl here make it out to be..

This is a discussion on NCAA 10 isn't as bad as a lot of ppl here make it out to be.. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-01-2010, 01:54 PM   #25
Phenom

seasprite's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: NCAA 10 isn't as bad as a lot of ppl here make it out to be..

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatsonTiger
I'm still in my original dynasty i started day 1 in '10. Just finished the 2022 season.

LSU now has 11 National Championships
You must have changed coaches then....J/K with you
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2010, 01:57 PM   #26
Hall Of Fame

l3ulvl's Arena

OVR: 26

I've played the NCAA football series on ps2 or gamecube since '03 and when I bought a ps3 last october NCAA 10 was the first game I bought.

The first thing I noticed was the graphics, which I knew would be great. Then I was pretty surprised to notice a lot of little things that weren't available on ps3 that were on the ps2 series, like the dreads. Only 1 camera angle, inability to apply for medical redshirt, etc...

I also noticed that even after I lowered the passing sliders I could still complete like 90% of my passes every game, and also gave up about the same percentage defensively. However, I could not complete any deep passes whatsoever. I really struggled on defense but was completely unstoppable on offense. I couldn't believe how many 52-49 scores I was getting on just 7 min quarters, even against weak teams.

It got to the point where I found myself simming defense and only playing offense, which is something I NEVER thought I'd do, since I usually enjoy playing D.

I spent less time playing NCAA 10 than any of the other NCAA games, and I'm not even trying to say it was THAT bad. It just didn't have that incredible "replayability" that had made the series my favorite game to play over and over in the past.

The updates for NCAA 11 sound great and I'll definitely buy it within the first month (giving ppl enough time to get some good roster sets out haha). But to me the biggest thing missing is a Legacy/Dynasty mode comparable to the College Hoops series. It'll be hard to duplicate this mode though without a full slate of FCS schools. I try a standard Dynasty as a team like Western Kentucky and find myself getting a BCS offer after just 1 season, which is annoying.

Anyway, yeah it's not a BAD game, but like has been mentioned repeatedly, it could use a ton of tweaks.
Old 06-01-2010, 01:58 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by seasprite
must have.... lol
Old 06-01-2010, 02:04 PM   #28
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Thanks for the heads up, I have been wanting something like that for a while Playmakers! I will def. check those rosters out.
No problem you'll see some very realistic game play on Varsity level and i seperated individual player styles a great deal.....

DE's look like DE's not DT's and Big Physical RB's look different in size from smaller RB's now.

I've been saying this for 3 years now......that because the ratings in Madden is more geared towards SIM style of play those ratings transferred over to NCAA's Players makes the game play much better IMO.....

For example I assigned Peyton Manning his actual Madden Ratings and you'll be shocked to see the Tennessee QB on the file play very similiar to Manning in Madden 10

Same thing with Mike Vick on the file he's going to be scary realistic looking to his Madden counter part

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 06-01-2010, 02:11 PM   #29
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I know this may infuriate or even befuddle some people here @ OS but I went back to really playing NCAA 10 Dynasty (offline) over the weekend and I think myself and many others have been a bit too hard on EA in these forums. The game is actually fun, to me anyways. I played three or four games straight Saturday afternoon. I had several really close games and some blowouts using my Buckeyes. Yes there are a lot of issues with the game but I also think that, from reading these forums, you would think that the game is complete and utter garbage that is unplayable. Not true!

I'm really looking forward to NCAA 11. It looks great, although again it does look like some of the same issues that have plagued this series for years will continue to exists. The question you have to ask yourself is "Do I find the game entertaining?" For me the answer for NCAA 10 is it is entertaining, despite the fact I am with a lot of you that this game needs a lot of work.

I'm going to finish up my Dynasty over the next month while I get ready for NCAA 11. I'm really looking forward to it and am getting pumped for the new season to begin!!!
Agreed. I had a lot of fun with NCAA 10.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatsonTiger
I'm still in my original dynasty i started day 1 in '10. Just finished the 2022 season.

LSU now has 11 National Championships
Boo! Take it off Easy man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seasprite

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 06-01-2010, 02:12 PM   #30
MVP

BROman's Arena

OVR: 11

ncaa 10 was ok until i played madden, then i couldn't go back. as someone who runs the spread, ti was very frustrating that the cpu knew what i was running- i come out 4 wide with a run play called and they are in a 4-3, then i switch to a passing play in the same formation and they audible to a dime, then i switch back and they go back to a 4-3. that was crap, but the game was decent overall. i'm thinking about making a tb squad and playing 1 more dynasty before 11 comes out.
Old 06-01-2010, 02:21 PM   #31
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

I'm still playing my NCAA '10 OD. Outside of CH2K8, this is by far the longest I've ever played any console game. IMO, NCAA '10 is easily the best sports game ever made this side of CH2K8.

You can only imagine how much I'm anticipating NCAA '11.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2010, 02:26 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 4

I really enjoyed playing 10...one of my few gripes is the difficulty in running out of the spread. But it seems to be improved in the video's of NCAA 11. The read option is basically useless in 10. There are a few other things, but they are not bad enough to ruin the game for me.

All in all, I thought the overall gameplay was enjoyable for NCAA 10.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »