Home

NCAA 10 isn't as bad as a lot of ppl here make it out to be..

This is a discussion on NCAA 10 isn't as bad as a lot of ppl here make it out to be.. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-01-2010, 06:43 PM   #65
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: NCAA 10 isn't as bad as a lot of ppl here make it out to be..

I've felt like, at times, no matter what I do on defense it doesn't matter...but these recent games i've been playing with Ohio State I have not felt that way, in fact I've made some huge plays on my own which has helped make the game a lot more fun. Of course they do have a better defense than a lot of teams so that helps.

This is the first time though since PS2 days where i've played NCAA all year and am still playing it right up until the new NCAA comes out. That says alot. Ditto for Madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2010, 06:48 PM   #66
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

I can't say anything bad about anyone who enjoyed NCAA 10. The game was certainly better than any of the previous "next-gen" games. Online dynasties are fun, the play on the field was improved, teambuilder was a nice addition, and the stadiums and uniforms looked good (for the most part). I enjoyed the game quite a bit for a while, so I can fully understand why people can pop it in and have a good time. Can't knock that.

However, for me personally, my attitude towards the game changed when I ran across a copy of NCAA 05. I had a friend over one night and just for old time sake, we popped it in. We hadn't played a PS2 version of the game in about 4 years. At first, we were making comments like, "I can't believe how "real" we used to think these graphics looked," and "Is this game on some kind of Turbo speed setting?" But after playing about a quarter of our first game, are comments changed to, "Is it my imagination, or does the gameplay in this game feel much better and more realistic than in 10," and "I can't believe it. I called a Dime defense on 3rd and 9 and the CPU ran it right down our throat. I forgot they could actually run on you." The running physics felt great, especially on defense. I'd totally forgotten that you could over pursue a play and miss a tackle if you were holding the sprint button. The teams coming out of the tunnel, the gang breaking down key stats and players, the replays (and replay wipes), and crowd noise gave the game better atmosphere and presentation than in 10. Almost everything felt better. I'm not saying it was perfect, it had it's quirks and hick ups too (like defenders coming through completely unblocked, and how a 5-5 running back would get wrapped up by a defender and proceed to bowl right through 5 other defenders because the two players were locked in an animation that couldn't be interrupted); however, the game overall felt better than 10.

Ever since then, I've become very soured toward the "next-gen" NCAA games. Playing 05 reminded me what EA has done in the past and it just aggravates me that they've somehow managed to go backwards in terms of gameplay and presentation (although that looks to have been changed this year). Again, if you like NCAA 10, I can't say anything bad to you. If you like it, I'm happy for you. But I'm looking for big improvements in certain areas this year, and if they haven't made them, I'm skipping NCAA 11. We'll start getting some answers in a few weeks when the demo comes out.
Old 06-01-2010, 06:54 PM   #67
EA Game Changer

OVR: 28

I have played a couple of games the past couple of days and I am definitely enjoying it. The animations where really the thing that bothered me, especially since pro-tak was in Madden.
Old 06-01-2010, 07:14 PM   #68
Rookie

OVR: 1

I really enjoyed 10
I played every game for 12 seasons with one of my tb teams.
By far the farthest I have got in a dynasty in any sports game
Old 06-01-2010, 07:56 PM   #69
Banned

didnt really like 10 but i still play 09. for some reason it plays more like the old ps2 versions which i loved
Old 06-01-2010, 08:59 PM   #70
The Legendary Roots Crew

Sublime12089's Arena

I enjoyed 10 but did not play through too many seasons of dynasty, Overall it was ok but I am expecting serious strides this year.

Like you guys, that was the first year I liked Madden more than NCAA. However I am def going to rent Backbreaker to hold me off unitil I can buy NCAA, but I am still completely undecided on Madden. Looking for major franchise upgrades in order to make it a purchase though.
Old 06-01-2010, 09:07 PM   #71
MVP

UATide's Arena

OVR: 14

Good thread, I enjoy '10 also.

This Is Alabama Football.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2010, 09:12 PM   #72
Banned

OVR: 9

I regret getting rid of it last August

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »