Home

confused about miami

This is a discussion on confused about miami within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-02-2010, 11:56 PM   #33
Rookie

Blackout863's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: confused about miami

We totally got off subject. My point of this thread wasnt to compare miami and players cuz we will never agree cuz most dislike miami or have the wrong, old school perception.

My point was that every person online runs to top 15 teams because users such as myself using miami and then justifying that they are fast as hell so they are a top team yet if you get teams such as ND, S. Carolina, clemson, mich, mizzou, ttu, tenn, nobody complains.
Old 06-03-2010, 12:53 AM   #34
Rookie

ctindal21's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Mallow
I dont' know if this conversation is more about the videogame or real life, but as a die-hard Miami fan (who remembers life before that first national title) I can say without question that Miami football is down and will stay down for years to come. It's not merely a question of coaching despite Randy Shannon being horrid.

It's a question of the program in general. The current administration at Miami has no real commitment to fielding a nationally-competitive team. The move to the ACC was about locking in a foundation of financial support. Donna Shalala--President of Miami--wants to make us "Duke south". Winning a few rivalry games and earning top 10 rankings now and then are now icing on the cake of ACC financial security and an emphasis on no embarassing off-field incidents.

As evidence, I offer that while Miami has managed to recruit some talent, those players fail to develop. Jacory Harris made the same mistakes at the end of last season (even moreso) as he did at the beginning. OC Mark Whipple was a nice pick up and showed some promise, but the team faded down the stretch.

For all of Shannon's history as a Hurricane, he lacks the ability to consistently motivate these players, has no creative coaching blood in his veins, and is all but lost on game day.

A new coach would be a nice step (the crazy pirate Mike Leach was interested back in '06--that woulda been something) but it's the Miami administration that no longer cares about "The U" except in TV ads.

1st- i agree about us being down but i do not agree with us being down for years to come...i also agree about Shalala, i didnt like the move to the ACC to begin with

2nd- How can you say that the players have failed to develop when most of them are just getting into there junior years...

3rd- Jacory Harris made more mistakes toward the end of the year because he was injured on his throwing hand, you have to take that into consideration...

4th- How is Randy Shannon a horrid coach when he has improved our team record every year and will improve it again this year, plus his first & top recruiting class are just becoming juniors this year...
NBA- New York Knicks

Old 06-03-2010, 12:57 AM   #35
MVP

Madwolf's Arena

OVR: 9

I'm confused why Louisville can recruit guys that ran 4.4 and below, even during the Petrino days, and EA basically refuses to make any of our players faster than 90 speed. There are guys on Sun Belt team faster than our guys. It's aggravating as ****.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2010, 01:39 AM   #36
Banned

1GATORFAN4EVA's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackout863
lsu is very overrated, not as a team but individually. Jordan jefferson isnt great, not even good just average. Trindon holiday dont even start. Guys like patrick peterson are great charles scott is a beast but overall lsu isnt at all worthy of a top 5 every yr. Same for ole miss. Oklahoma was overated before the season. Byu was getting to sam before the injury. UF has all the speed in the world and are overrated as hell. They had no wr's outside riley cooper. Pyror and osu have been overrated for a while. Pryor been a beast since 09. Miami sucked in 09. No qb no real threats at wr just a average team now they fast. Fsu overrated as well because they recruit speed.
Thanks for proving a good point, Everyone said Tebow was only good because he had great Wr's an as you said Riley Cooper was the only one you could really count on. Oh an overrated your really funny almost 3 national titles in 4 years an were Overrated lol your good. I know it was 2 but damn close to another. Oh an we enjoyed beating you an watching you coach cry about how we tryed to run up the score. Man you Um fans piss me off.
Old 06-03-2010, 04:59 AM   #37
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuseGirl
Well, u sorta answered your own question. Lately Miami HASN'T lived up to expectations, despite recruiting those supposed 3, 4, and 5 stars from Florida, Georgia, etc. But that could be attributed to coaching as well. But they continue to send players to the draft, so they'll continue to get ratings gamewise.
last year was the first year they had any expectations at all and i dont know if you could say they were a disappointment because they were still a young team that lacked depth up front who was in the mix with ga tech and va tech for the acc coastal. as for online players running to get top 15 teams, its the same with any game online, 90% of players will try to one up you.

miami's receivers are as good as any group in the nation and the team is fast, hopefully with the spread out ratings and locomotion strengths and weaknesses will be more apparent for the canes and other teams. i can see this thread getting locked soon
Old 06-03-2010, 08:56 AM   #38
Rookie

Blackout863's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1GATORFAN4EVA
Thanks for proving a good point, Everyone said Tebow was only good because he had great Wr's an as you said Riley Cooper was the only one you could really count on. Oh an overrated your really funny almost 3 national titles in 4 years an were Overrated lol your good. I know it was 2 but damn close to another. Oh an we enjoyed beating you an watching you coach cry about how we tryed to run up the score. Man you Um fans piss me off.
first off we arent starting a miami vs florida debate. I was refering to riley cooper this yr. Granted uf was a great team the last few yrs. As for UF beating miami, why are you proud of beating a bunch of freshmen right out of high school. And if you actually watched that game Uf struggled for 3qtrs. With a FRESHMAN LAIDEN team.
Old 06-03-2010, 09:02 AM   #39
Rookie

Blackout863's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActLikeYouCrow
last year was the first year they had any expectations at all and i dont know if you could say they were a disappointment because they were still a young team that lacked depth up front who was in the mix with ga tech and va tech for the acc coastal. as for online players running to get top 15 teams, its the same with any game online, 90% of players will try to one up you.

miami's receivers are as good as any group in the nation and the team is fast, hopefully with the spread out ratings and locomotion strengths and weaknesses will be more apparent for the canes and other teams. i can see this thread getting locked soon
ok thanks, you were the only one that really answered my question. I am just tired playing the same teams. I just hate that speed still dominates this game. Because if thats what determins wins/losses Then half 10 would suck. Yet wisconsin is pretty good. Teams liie miss st and usf would have no shot. I just like to play a variety butnobody will do it.
Old 06-03-2010, 09:57 AM   #40
Pro

xxjgbxx's Arena

Cant teach that team speed. Also if miami isnt faster this year im going to flip because most of our team is on the track team which is going to nationals.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »