Home

Bring Back Player Personalities And School Supensions

This is a discussion on Bring Back Player Personalities And School Supensions within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-20-2011, 08:05 PM   #41
Rookie

ndfan1993's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Bring Back Player Personalities And School Supensions

I agree with the other posters that said it, I believe the NCAA made them remove this from the game just like they squashed having post-game celebrations of fans storming the field and tearing down the goalposts.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2011, 09:49 PM   #42
MVP

CuseGirl's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by baumy300
K #9 has been charged with beastiality after a Delta Delta Delta fraternity was raided by campus police - Would you like to play him or sit him?
I didn't kno Tri-Delt pledged dudes lmaaaaoooo
Old 04-20-2011, 09:51 PM   #43
Hail West Virginia

mtoo22's Arena

OVR: 10
Agree. Easily my off the field favorite.
Old 04-20-2011, 10:52 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 1

I remember this feature, but can't recall any issue with it besides it only affecting starting skill position players. I'd welcome this back; however, I'd prefer the injury system be corrected to affecting players besides starters at the skill positions.
Old 04-21-2011, 12:12 AM   #45
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by acts238shaun
This ^^^^^

When after 5 years 80% of all teams are on probation, no thanks. It was like the HFA feature that caused all the drops in NCAA 05...great idea, terribly implemented.
Never had this problem but the point system was the problem then. If they did it without points and it was spread across the teams the right way I would LOVE this.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2011, 12:17 AM   #46
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by volstopfan14
If they want to avoid a player likeness law suit then they should just set every current players conduct rating (or whatever you want to call it) at 99 and let the user go in and edit it if they want. Recruits would have randomly generated conduct ratings
That's a solution I can live with.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Old 04-21-2011, 12:17 PM   #47
Rookie

TimLawNYC's Arena

OVR: 5

I think it would only work correctly if part of an overall "player personality" system that made the game treat guys consistently throughout their career. We see the lack of this now with recruiting--recruits' priorities are seemingly independent of each other and random. If the player had a "personality", it would make his character more believable AND improve recruiting by adding a layer of strategy to figuring out a recruit's top priorities. It makes no sense that a guy who's "Most" interested in Television Exposure is "Very Low" on Early Playing Time and/or Conference Prestige. Guys who care about Pro Potential should also care about TV exposure or Championship Contender. EA should make this system more holistic so that we can guess the contours of a recruit's general personality and pitch him accordingly.

With discipline, it could carry over from the player's personality as a recruit. Guys who cared most about Academic Prestige would, in general, be less likely to skip class or have a low GPA. Players who cared most about Athletic Facilities and Pro Potential might be less likely to miss practices or workouts. This would make discipline a lot more intriguing--and realistic--than it was last time we had it in a game.
Old 04-21-2011, 12:21 PM   #48
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimLawNYC
I think it would only work correctly if part of an overall "player personality" system that made the game treat guys consistently throughout their career. We see the lack of this now with recruiting--recruits' priorities are seemingly independent of each other and random. If the player had a "personality", it would make his character more believable AND improve recruiting by adding a layer of strategy to figuring out a recruit's top priorities. It makes no sense that a guy who's "Most" interested in Television Exposure is "Very Low" on Early Playing Time and/or Conference Prestige. Guys who care about Pro Potential should also care about TV exposure or Championship Contender. EA should make this system more holistic so that we can guess the contours of a recruit's general personality and pitch him accordingly.

With discipline, it could carry over from the player's personality as a recruit. Guys who cared most about Academic Prestige would, in general, be less likely to skip class or have a low GPA. Players who cared most about Athletic Facilities and Pro Potential might be less likely to miss practices or workouts. This would make discipline a lot more intriguing--and realistic--than it was last time we had it in a game.
The recruiting topics need changed. I mean what team is not on tv? Even the Sun Belt is on tv regularly in their regions. It's just not realistic. And I never understood what kind of player doesn't want to play for a championship caliber team. Everyone wants to, just don't get offered. You can't tell me a kid would rather go to Vanderbilt for their academic prestige over Alabama if was given the opportunity to choose.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »