Home

Bring Back Player Personalities And School Supensions

This is a discussion on Bring Back Player Personalities And School Supensions within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-21-2011, 03:52 PM   #57
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: Bring Back Player Personalities And School Supensions

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimLawNYC
Jay Cutler chose Vanderbilt. I'm not sure what other options he had but I assume, given his immense success in high school, that Vandy was not the best pure "football school" he could have gone to. There may be depth chart/playing time considerations, and I'm sure that some kids do factor in academics because they are smart enough to know that not everybody makes it to the NFL. Each kid is different and has unique priorities; it's not that ridiculous that a good recruit would choose a solid academic school over a "football factory".
I guess you can find one instance of anything, but uncommon. Besides Brent Rawls, CJ Fayton, Adrian McPherson, Matt Jones, and Cole Barthel were all ranked ahead of him and I am sure most of you don't know who all of those guys are. He was not a big name. In fact I was able to find a Vanderbilt spring prospectus from 2002 (he was rFr that year) and said a relative unknown player for Vandy fans but athletic and with a good spring could compete for time. This isn't Terrelle Pryor here. Cutler was a great player for the 'dores but wasn't a high prospect.
Old 04-21-2011, 03:57 PM   #58
MVP

volstopfan14's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by schumj
I guess you can find one instance of anything, but uncommon. Besides Brent Rawls, CJ Fayton, Adrian McPherson, Matt Jones, and Cole Barthel were all ranked ahead of him and I am sure most of you don't know who all of those guys are. He was not a big name. In fact I was able to find a Vanderbilt spring prospectus from 2002 (he was rFr that year) and said a relative unknown player for Vandy fans but athletic and with a good spring could compete for time. This isn't Terrelle Pryor here. Cutler was a great player for the 'dores but wasn't a high prospect.
CJ Fayton was a QB in high school who turned out to be a pretty good WR for Tennessee. I get your point though. Cutler wasn't highly recruited at all
Old 04-21-2011, 04:00 PM   #59
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by baumy300
Imagine seeing these before your big game:

ROLB #52 is being investigated for the beating of 3 Phi Omega Delta sorority members - Would you like to play him or sit him?

WR #81 has been charged with operating a motorized scooter while under the influence of alcohol - Would you like to play him or sit him?

K #9 has been charged with beastiality after a Delta Delta Delta fraternity was raided by campus police - Would you like to play him or sit him?

QB# 12 has been accused of scalping tickets - Would you like to play him or sit him?

CB# 27 has been placed under arrest after dealing cocaine - Would you like to grant his scholarship release so he can transfer to the University of Florida?
Old 04-21-2011, 04:02 PM   #60
MVP

OVR: 34

^^ I'd play em all. Renegade program all the way.
Old 04-21-2011, 04:07 PM   #61
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by volstopfan14
CJ Fayton was a QB in high school who turned out to be a pretty good WR for Tennessee. I get your point though. Cutler wasn't highly recruited at all
Yah I am familiar. But most people wouldn't know most of them. I mean McPherson had potential but couldn't stay out of trouble, and Matt Jones was dangerous in college, Rawls sat behind Jason White at Oklahoma and transfered to Utah, Barthel went and played baseball.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2011, 04:28 PM   #62
MVP

volstopfan14's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by schumj
Yah I am familiar. But most people wouldn't know most of them. I mean McPherson had potential but couldn't stay out of trouble, and Matt Jones was dangerous in college, Rawls sat behind Jason White at Oklahoma and transfered to Utah, Barthel went and played baseball.
Yeah I got what you meant. I've heard of Fayton, Jones, and McPherson but I agree that most wouldn't know who they are.
Old 04-21-2011, 07:00 PM   #63
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
there is motivation. mostly noticeable in QBs. It basically works like a "hot and Cold" system though compared to a composure function that I think your referring to.
I do notice it with young receivers as well, particularly with their ability to catch the ball on 3rd down, haha.
Old 04-23-2011, 02:48 PM   #64
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

I doubt Discipline and Supensions will get back in, It seems like a negative feature and EA doesnt want to get a negative view.
I would Player Personality and Emails. I would love to get emails from scouts, players, and AD. I would like to see Personality affect the Transfer rate. In real life, you see a lot of QBs transfer if it looks like they wont start. I want to see more 80+ Fr Backups transfer to another school if they wont start.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »