Home

All This Talk About Offensive Styles. Where Is The Defensive Style?

This is a discussion on All This Talk About Offensive Styles. Where Is The Defensive Style? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-05-2010, 02:38 AM   #17
MVP

UATide's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: All This Talk About Offensive Styles. Where Is The Defensive Style?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatsonTiger
Defense has less styles and it more subjective to the actual plays anyway..
This.

This Is Alabama Football.
Old 06-05-2010, 03:05 AM   #18
Rookie

Husker88Chief's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivalline
ea cant make everyone happy in my opinion if people complain about the game this much why do u even bother buying it?
Because they hold a Monopoly on it.

Some of us are such hardcore College Football fans that we will dole out $60 for a roster update alone, and the small amount of valuable new features that come with it.

If 2K put out an NCAA Football game I'd probably buy that instead, until EA showed me some legitimate innovation instead of just casting out a fishing line and reeling back in their new features just to re-cast them a few years later (formation subs, etc.)

Nebraska Football: 12-2 (Big Ten Runner-Up & Capitol One Bowl Champions)

Kansas City Chiefs: 10-6 (1st in AFC West)
Old 06-05-2010, 03:17 AM   #19
MVP

OVR: 6

Defense wins championships. Offense sells video game. And to no anail hardcore players are left in the dark. I control the offensive teams. Dont full with defense. I enjoy the game better this way. It gives the offensive teams a more authentc look. More tailback subs. Esp. teams like Arkansas from a few years ago. The computer rarely subbed Jones into the game. And Tebow his freshman year when he was a special situation QB. The computer never compensates for things like this. Sadly, controlling both offenses is the only way I can truly enjoy the game. It takes alot of the gimmicks out as well.
Old 06-05-2010, 07:36 AM   #20
Rookie

o 99 PROBL3MS o's Arena

OVR: 7

Playbooks as a whole do need to be reinvented defensively. There is more than just playbooks i have issue with. The logic and tuning is somewhat suspect. For example, my 92OVR CB will drop INT after INT yet my 42CTH DT catches the INT more often than not when the QB is hit throwing and the ball pops up. Defense was OK in NCAA 10. I don't think the adaptive AI worked out the way the intended. It was supposed to keep us/opponents from being able to run the same play/route over and over. I don't think it did that.
Old 06-05-2010, 09:28 AM   #21
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
ea cant make everyone happy in my opinion if people complain about the game this much why do u even bother buying it?
you can both buy and enjoy the game as well as complain about its shortcomings and have hopes for improvements. Its not one or the other.

-----------------

I'm hoping they added individual coverages on receivers/backs. I'm not talking about what Madden had last year with assignments for man only, I'm talking about shading in or out, bump and run or loose coverage per independant receivers.

Maybe on corner I have is a lockdown corner who can run with the receiver the entire route. Maybe the other is in a mismatch, so I want him to play off in order to not get beat deep and give up the big play. Maybe I'm thinking here comes a slant and I want to shade that receiver inside in order to knock him off the route and disrupt the timing.

IMO, individual coverages would go a long way to help contain the passing game. God I hope its in.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

Last edited by countryboy; 06-05-2010 at 09:29 AM. Reason: wrong smiley
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2010, 11:26 AM   #22
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

from a defensive standpoint it really about how can we adjust coverages, gap control and pressure they all go hand in hand. if they can give d line and lb logic of what gaps they have maintain then you will have a solid run game. coverage and pressure the ability to push the pocket by the ends and blitzers, cb and safeties performing combo zones or real man coverage , animations that give cb to watch the qb while keeping a hand on the reciever. using the sidelines , shielding . they we could get into styles or specialties such as a run stopping d vs a coverage d . i think we are close and the locomotion and run blocking assignments are hopefully step 1
Old 06-05-2010, 02:43 PM   #23
Rookie

3nDAmornin's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I'm hoping they added individual coverages on receivers/backs. I'm not talking about what Madden had last year with assignments for man only, I'm talking about shading in or out, bump and run or loose coverage per independant receivers.

Maybe on corner I have is a lockdown corner who can run with the receiver the entire route. Maybe the other is in a mismatch, so I want him to play off in order to not get beat deep and give up the big play. Maybe I'm thinking here comes a slant and I want to shade that receiver inside in order to knock him off the route and disrupt the timing.

IMO, individual coverages would go a long way to help contain the passing game. God I hope its in.

co-sign this 1000x

Unfortunately I don't even think this is even being thought about by the developers.

on a side note....woo hoo 100 posts, 7 year rookie!!!. The sad part is I probably spend as much time hear as someone with 10,000 posts in that same time frame.

Last edited by 3nDAmornin; 06-05-2010 at 02:47 PM.
Old 06-05-2010, 04:55 PM   #24
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Very true my friend. Some people just don't get that part. Everyone can't be happy. EA got to do what is best for the people as a whole. Not for small groups here and there.I'm sure some people want this are that. Why other people want something else different.People just have to take the game as a whole and live with it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »