Home

back up qb's, should play like back up qb's

This is a discussion on back up qb's, should play like back up qb's within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-06-2010, 04:42 PM   #17
Rookie

Cubs017's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: back up qb's, should play like back up qb's

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickey1331
but you can argue the other way. With SMU last year they brought in Padron since Mitchell was average at best and they did really really well with Padron and won a bowl game.
True, but that's an exception. I'd rather have something that makes inexperienced QB's struggle (which happens most of the time) than something that allows them to be just as good as the starter/veteran (which happens much less frequently).
Old 06-06-2010, 04:46 PM   #18
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

[[email protected];2041143230]composure and homefield advantage is a must to bring back!!! absolute must!!![/quote]

umm, those were "brought back" in '09. it just doesn't have the meter thing or screen shake from last-gen.
Old 06-06-2010, 04:46 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 10

The composure rating was huge back in the PS2 days, I loved it. Taking a highly touted Freshman into a Rivals stadium beginning of the season. Growing pains at it's nest.

Homefield Advantage was good in pieces. I think NCAA 07 was the best it was used. They tinkered with it here and their, which made it unbearable to use it games because it was overused.
Old 06-06-2010, 05:07 PM   #20
Pro

shaunlmason's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridemooses
You're hinting at the addition of some sort of Experience or Swagger statistic that should be linked to Awareness, maturity and playing time. I would love to see EA do something with this for football to determine things like penalties, playing quality and personalized attitudes.

I would even settle for a more simple system where back up players who do not have a lot of experience cannot come in and play like All-Stars even if they good statistics. Seems pretty basic to me but it's an element next generation football games are missing.
It seems pretty simple but to program it you must quantify it.

Whenever I see "seems pretty basic", I would like the poster to figure out how to represent there idea with math, then tell me it is simple.

=)
Old 06-06-2010, 05:39 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridemooses
You're hinting at the addition of some sort of Experience or Swagger statistic that should be linked to Awareness, maturity and playing time. I would love to see EA do something with this for football to determine things like penalties, playing quality and personalized attitudes.

I would even settle for a more simple system where back up players who do not have a lot of experience cannot come in and play like All-Stars even if they good statistics. Seems pretty basic to me but it's an element next generation football games are missing.
A "swagger"/confidence rating would be a great addition. It may be difficult to implement, but it would be exciting to see your 5* QB recruit come in like he owns the place.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2010, 05:53 PM   #22
Banned

i dont want anything with the word "swagger" "swagga" involved in a football video game.
Old 06-07-2010, 12:09 AM   #23
The Legendary Roots Crew

Sublime12089's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickey1331
but you can argue the other way. With SMU last year they brought in Padron since Mitchell was average at best and they did really really well with Padron and won a bowl game.
Thats true, but it is the exception rather than the rule. IIRC even with low composure you could still succeed it was just more difficult.
Old 06-07-2010, 12:58 AM   #24
MVP

CuseGirl's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWillard2
Homefield Advantage was good in pieces. I think NCAA 07 was the best it was used. They tinkered with it here and their, which made it unbearable to use it games because it was overused.

NCAA 07 is (in my opinion) the absolute best college football game ever made. If they could just go back, take that game, and stick in NCAA 2010, I would scrounge up the $65 and pre-order. But with 2011 coming out, I think I'm just gonna wait until December.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »