Home

back up qb's, should play like back up qb's

This is a discussion on back up qb's, should play like back up qb's within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-08-2010, 01:13 PM   #33
MVP

CuseGirl's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: back up qb's, should play like back up qb's

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamblinWreck21
College is trickier than NFL. There are a lot of really talented back-ups in college that will be the guy in one or two years. I'd say a composure or experience rating would be best. Maybe experience rating could be heavily influenced on playing time. That way there is a reason to put your back-up QB in during a blow-out for some experience. The more work your back-up QB gets, the higher chance he will play to his overall rating if he needs to come in in quality downs.

They had this in NCAA 07. I'll say it again, take that game, slap 2011 graphics/animations (not all but a few) on it and sell it. I'll be at Gamestop or Toys R Us at midnite with my AMEX, lol....

But seriously, no matter how many algorithms and animations they make up, NO game will ever fully simulate real football, in particular, UNCERTAINTY.

Look at last year's Super Bowl. I figured it would be a good game, a high scoring game but I was SURE that Peyton Manning wouldn't make the dumb throw. But what do u kno? They called that slant and Tracy Porter (a guy whose not even that good) jumped the route and picked it off. Half the time, when a corner jumps a route like that, he misses the throw by a half-second or he drops the ball or the reciever KNOWS the jump is coming and continues upfield. But uncertainty, luck, and a rare poor throw by Peyton led to that pick 6 and eventually a Saints title.
Old 06-08-2010, 01:18 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuseGirl
They had this in NCAA 07. I'll say it again, take that game, slap 2011 graphics/animations (not all but a few) on it and sell it. I'll be at Gamestop or Toys R Us at midnite with my AMEX, lol....

But seriously, no matter how many algorithms and animations they make up, NO game will ever fully simulate real football, in particular, UNCERTAINTY.

Look at last year's Super Bowl. I figured it would be a good game, a high scoring game but I was SURE that Peyton Manning wouldn't make the dumb throw. But what do u kno? They called that slant and Tracy Porter (a guy whose not even that good) jumped the route and picked it off. Half the time, when a corner jumps a route like that, he misses the throw by a half-second or he drops the ball or the reciever KNOWS the jump is coming and continues upfield. But uncertainty, luck, and a rare poor throw by Peyton led to that pick 6 and eventually a Saints title.
Only problem with that game was momentum.

It was great that it was included in there but once the cpu gained full momentum, you were screwed and vice versa.

However, it was a great game. So was 09 for the ps2. Unfortunately I think my PS2 is broked(i know that's not a word)
Old 06-08-2010, 01:49 PM   #35
MVP

CuseGirl's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by krc1130
Only problem with that game was momentum.

It was great that it was included in there but once the cpu gained full momentum, you were screwed and vice versa.

However, it was a great game. So was 09 for the ps2. Unfortunately I think my PS2 is broked(i know that's not a word)

Yes, the momentum meter was poorly executed. But it's still a good idea, to ignore momentum (especially in college sports) is crazy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2010, 01:59 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuseGirl
Yes, the momentum meter was poorly executed. But it's still a good idea, to ignore momentum (especially in college sports) is crazy.
Yeah it is a great idea but, like you said, it just didn't work the way it was supposed to.
Old 06-09-2010, 02:36 PM   #37
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

I think the OP's point is that a 3rd string walk-on should not be able to come in and perform at the same level as an all-america QB. It just does not happen all that much. The examples some of you were using were good; but at the same time you are talking about guys who were blue chippers coming out of high school. Gilbert was a blue chip prospect so it wasn't like he was devoid of talent. I think Madden 10's rating system was great and if NCAA's ratings are like those were, it's gonna be fantastic.
Old 06-09-2010, 03:25 PM   #38
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
I think the OP's point is that a 3rd string walk-on should not be able to come in and perform at the same level as an all-america QB. It just does not happen all that much. The examples some of you were using were good; but at the same time you are talking about guys who were blue chippers coming out of high school. Gilbert was a blue chip prospect so it wasn't like he was devoid of talent. I think Madden 10's rating system was great and if NCAA's ratings are like those were, it's gonna be fantastic.
except Texas Tech, who had a walk-on QB come in and out perform a scholarship player.

but thats a rare situation.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »