Home

Will the PS3 be a port from 360 again this year ?

This is a discussion on Will the PS3 be a port from 360 again this year ? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 12:17 AM   #9
Pro

whittleboy615's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Will the PS3 be a port from 360 again this year ?

EA devs just decided that with their current dev tools, its easier to port their game from 360 to PS3, rather than vice versa.

And it's not a good use of their time or budget to hire a whole new set a PS3 developers to make the PS3 version. It's more efficient just to port the 360 version rather than to code each version separately.
Old 06-07-2010, 12:34 AM   #10
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorseballa06
but wouldnt this serve for a better game? i my opinion i believe the graphics would be a whole lot better being made from the ps3
My understanding is that the Xbox is easier, cheaper, and faster to develop on. In addition, it does some things well, but it is quick and easy to tone those things down if the PS3 can't handle it. The biggest advantage the PS3 has over the 360 is Blu Ray player, and you aren't going to take advantage of that on a multi-platform game. Besides, the 360 version outsells the PS3 version, so it makes sense to make it on the higher selling platform. And you are not going to make to separate versions of the game. That wouldn't make any sense. Almost all multi-platform games port from the 360 version.
Old 06-07-2010, 12:43 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 11

they could fit a lot more on the ps3's disc but idklol, even if they did port from ps3 it's not like the game would be any better or anything, God EA needs some competition
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2010, 06:57 AM   #12
Rookie

kkman187's Arena

OVR: 9

Really, since 09, NCAA on PS3 and Xbox 360 has been the same. Minor differences, almost impossible to see.
"There are enough flaws with this game (NCAA 10) as it is w/o people believing that the game will rape your girlfriend, knock up your mom and steal your identity before jumping out the window screaming..."Season Showdown Rules, Bitchesssssssss!"
- DonohoFlnkr
Old 06-07-2010, 08:57 AM   #13
MVP

Unlucky 13's Arena

OVR: 4

Though its not as bad as it used to be, its always been my experience that games made exclusively for the PS3 play much better than ones made for multiple systems. Not only better graphics, but much smoother and tighter controls as well.
Old 06-07-2010, 09:32 AM   #14
Banned

OVR: 32

EA doesn't think so and I guess that is all that matters :P
Old 06-07-2010, 10:58 AM   #15
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Actually, we have never ported from 360 to PS3. Most of the game is developed for both consoles side by side. That's why there are very few differences between the two versions.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2010, 11:17 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam_Thompson_EA
Actually, we have never ported from 360 to PS3. Most of the game is developed for both consoles side by side. That's why there are very few differences between the two versions.
Thanks for the reply. This is why I love coming to Operation Sports for 2 reasons. 1) For quick responses like this and 2) Almost two pages of people talking out of their *** and not knowing what there talking about only for Adam to clear it up. That made my day.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »