Home

NCAA Football 11 Dynasty Blog 3 of 3 - Recruiting Logic and Extras

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 11 Dynasty Blog 3 of 3 - Recruiting Logic and Extras within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-09-2010, 09:24 AM   #113
Rookie

WKUweather's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: NCAA Football 11 Dynasty Blog 3 of 3 - Recruiting Logic and Extras

Quote:
Originally Posted by ycbs
CH2K8 should definitely be the starting model for any kind of coaching carousel. It was extremely well done, and like you and a couple of others have said, not overly complicated. Anyone interested in the coaching carousel idea but not familiar with CH2K8 should check it out. You will be sold after doing so.

Head coaches and assistant coaches were fully editable and the head coaches were pretty much modeled after their real counterparts. These edits were part of the regular roster file, so it was very simple to keep up with.

CPU head coaches got fired, retired, accepted college HC jobs to better programs, accepted lesser HC jobs after getting fired. It's pretty realistic. All this had a trickle down affect that led to you getting opportunities and even assistant coaches getting HC jobs. There was a logical heirarchy to the promotional system. You couldn't go from say Marist straight to UConn. You had to work your way up at least a step or two. About the only thing it didn't have was head coaches leaving for jobs in the NBA.

For those that like the more realistic approach to working your way up in the coaching ranks, this is definitely a huge feature. Even those that aren't into that all that much could definitey appreciate this feature if they saw how CH2K8 did it.
I have wanted this option in the EA games for since I saw and played with the CH2K8. It was very well done and, hopefully, will be included this year.

It was the most realistic type of gameplay I have ever played. You had to start at a smaller school and work your way up. And choosing which schools to go to our pass up made it even more realistic.

I agree with you, if you guys don't know what we are talking about...rent that game and you will find out and will love it and know exactly why people want it included.
Old 06-09-2010, 11:57 AM   #114
Rookie

OVR: 0
From my understanding the way CH2K8 did it was you controlled the coach. I believe from what I read in the survey the Coaching Carousel proposed in NCAA Football 11 would be the user controlling the school and the coach being independent. So in theory you'd be the AD and you'd be at the mercy of the coaches leaving, instead of the way CH2K8 did it where the AD's were at the mercy of the user.

Either way...without more additions to offline dynasty, this game will fall short for those of us who don't care about online improvements.
Old 06-09-2010, 01:26 PM   #115
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Sho
From my understanding the way CH2K8 did it was you controlled the coach. I believe from what I read in the survey the Coaching Carousel proposed in NCAA Football 11 would be the user controlling the school and the coach being independent. So in theory you'd be the AD and you'd be at the mercy of the coaches leaving, instead of the way CH2K8 did it where the AD's were at the mercy of the user.

Either way...without more additions to offline dynasty, this game will fall short for those of us who don't care about online improvements.
How right you are on this because as of all the talk on this site it alone should let EA know this is needed to put this game over the top and make this game the best Ncaa game to date.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2010, 03:52 PM   #116
Banned

OVR: 22
Why can't they use real coaches?I mean it's not like the players. Theire not amateurs, and are getting payed for what they do. So you would think that the ability to use real coach names would come with the NCAA license.
Old 06-10-2010, 07:38 AM   #117
Rookie

WKUweather's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Sho

That too would be cool. And I assume if the coach is doing awful, you have the right to fire him. And on the flip side, if he is doing great than he may leave.

If that is the case then I will be enjoying NCAA Football '11!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »