Home

NCAA Football 11 Dynasty Blog 3 of 3 - Recruiting Logic and Extras

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 11 Dynasty Blog 3 of 3 - Recruiting Logic and Extras within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-07-2010, 10:06 PM   #57
The Legendary Roots Crew

Sublime12089's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: NCAA Football 11 Dynasty Blog 3 of 3 - Recruiting Logic and Extras

As USF I am liking the close to home bonus, give me 10 years, and I will be runnin the state!!! lol
Old 06-07-2010, 10:18 PM   #58
The Legendary Roots Crew

Sublime12089's Arena

OVR: 10

Read it, nice blog, Recruiting is looking better and hopefully it all works.

HOPEFULLY, they will announce coaching carousel, and with that talking about how coaching styles influence recruiting and 120 ways to win. If not I will be very unhappy, especially in the way that they know CC is what everyone is talking about and wants, and continue to hint at its existence as opposed to addressing the rumors with an answer they have know probably for at least a couple months now.
Old 06-07-2010, 10:30 PM   #59
Pro

pw_1016's Arena

OVR: 7

I am kinda shocked that it took this long for them to add Trophies, like the Nagurski to the game.

Love the idea of them adding various levels of difficulty to recruiting because I've seen way too many complaints about the recruiting in previous versions being too easy.

Old 06-07-2010, 10:35 PM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Peench
I'm a bit taken back by this blog. Obviously its an upgrade, but I feel their emphasis is misplaced. With all of this effort into promoting different styles of offense, where is the logic in teams recruiting players that fit their different offensive schemes? This will undermine the 120 ways to win throughout dynasty mode.
I think before they worry about recruiting for schemes they needed to get recruiting correct. You have to build a solid foundation that can be added on going forward. If it works how the blogs has explained they've built a very solid foundation for recruiting. It's important that developers don't jump crucial steps because that leads to poor implementation of key features. There are plenty of examples of this in the sports gaming market.
Old 06-07-2010, 10:57 PM   #61
MVP

OVR: 9

For those of you saying recruiting IS college football and that the dynasty blogs address that, I just want to say that I haven't seen anything that proves to me that the recruiting is truly improved. Just because the CPU can beat me out for recruits doesn't mean that teams with 50% of their running plays as QB Options will stop recruiting pocket passers and therefore being positively annoying to play against.

We won't know if these changes REALLY help the game until we've played it for a few weeks. Until then, I'm not getting excited over 3 recruiting blogs that didn't really contain that many improvements to the system.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2010, 11:01 PM   #62
MVP

OVR: 32
Good closing to a 3 part blog. Can't wait for the demo next week.
Old 06-07-2010, 11:03 PM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentucky3D
So glad to hear about the recruiting difficulty mode and the greatly improved recruit logic. That was the biggest thing holding this series back since dynasty mode was first introduced in 1999. Dynasty mode just isn't fun when USC, Texas, Florida, and Alabama aren't powerhouses.

Not upset about lack of a Spring Game, it would be pointless to add that without adding full 85 man rosters, which may not ever be added due to the 360's disc space limitations. It was a boring mode to play last-gen because you wouldn't have enough players for 2 teams like in real life.

The only other features I would've like for them to add were full 85 man rosters, greyshirting, medical redshirting, recruits not qualifying and getting placed in JUCOs, and coaching carousel.

Your not disappointed but I am disappointed. I like the stuff that was added but I felt that the blog was misleading. It should have been called the recruiting blog and should have been kept to one blog. It was drawn out for no reason. I'm also disappointed because this is exactly the same improvement they made to last years dynasty, which is that they were recruiting based. I think the dynasty will still be stale and boring and could have used some new things like spring game, 85 man rosters, medical redshirting, and coaching carousel. Things that should have not been hard to implement at all.
Old 06-07-2010, 11:18 PM   #64
Rookie

JMU_Devil_Dawg's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by psccats2
I also think it would be cool if the game the recruit attended in dynasty mattered. For example the school will get a higher grade if the recruit is on campus when you beat your rival compared to you beating a 1-aa school and you could get a down grade if you lose the game they attend.
There are different weights attached to certain games that recruits visit in dynasties, its not as pronounced as you desire, but it does exist.

Something in the blog just didn't make sense to me. What the heck does this statement mean?

"First, before a Prospect can pick his final school, he has to have his Top 10 in order."

Either I am a ****** or this is a very, very poor way for them to communicate an idea. I mean, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, can a recruit have his top 10 out of order? What does this mean?!

I am going to offer my prediction for the Online Dynasty news to come out at E3 may be the addition of coaching contracts, job offers and conference invites to the online dynasty. All three of those features already exist to the offline dynasty so it isn't a huge leap to implement them in the online dynasty. That wouldn't be huge news to me but it is their best interest to hype that development if it is indeed incorporated into online dynasty.

Last edited by JMU_Devil_Dawg; 06-07-2010 at 11:24 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »