Home

Could QB's please be toned properly?(arms, faces, etc.)

This is a discussion on Could QB's please be toned properly?(arms, faces, etc.) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-08-2010, 01:27 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
Could QB's please be toned properly?(arms, faces, etc.)

Back when I was editing my rosters in '10 I realized that every QB's arms size slider was at 50. So I moved it to zero and their arms shrunk.

Come to think of it a lot with the QB is messed up.

When you increase a QBs weight to like 230+ it gives you the big offensive lineman faces. However, most QBs are big but, they don't have big heads.

I don't understand why every face can't be available when editing a player.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2010, 03:12 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 20
Re: Could QB's please be toned properly?(arms, faces, etc.)

I don't really get why the editor works with body types to begin with, especially when you can (supposedly) edit arms, legs, chest, etc., separately.

When trying to get the rosters correct I take a WR and turn him into an offensive lineman (too many WRs, not enough OL e.g.), everything looks fine until I get him on the field and he's still got WR arms, even though he's 6-6 314 with the arm-size slider maxed.

Another example is when trying to make certain guys look really "beefy," oftentimes you simply can't; you can make them 350 pounds and they'll still look like a regular guy in the arms and legs; the only indication that he weighs that much is a giant pot-belly.

If you wanted to make Jared Lorenzen or someone, you'd have to start him as a OL to get him to look like that. Why is that? The editor should give us full range.
Old 06-08-2010, 04:48 PM   #3
Pro

BraveHeart's Arena

OVR: 3

Like I said in another thread, They should look at how 2k sports did it in CH2k8. There is no set size for posistions. A 6'6'" 220 PG will look the same as a 6'6" 220 SF (the only difference would be personal things like muscle tone). Also players grew in that game, and the player models would change when they'd grow. I once head a SF/PF tweener he was 230 when he was a fresman. By the time he was a redshirt SR he was 270 pounds and he had a large bulky figure (looked more like a Defensive end than a basketball player).

Stuff like that would be great in NCAA. With players coming in to college undersized (6'1" 200 linebacker), and then beefing up in a couple years (6'1'" 234). on a semi related note, EA needs to fix the weight gains for some of the recruits in the game. Most of the higher rated recruits should be heavy, and if they aren't then they should have the ability to add on weight easier than most lower ranked recruits. I hate recruiting a four-star DE who's 6'6" 200 pounds and only ends up being 6'6" 217 pounds when it's all said in done.
Old 06-08-2010, 06:38 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 25

I think the issue comes for this....NCAA/MADDEN have a set amount of player model "TYPES" OL/DL are a set TYPE of model.....RB/QB/WR/TE/DB all share a set TYPE model. If you look at the models there are really only 2 types BIG and AVERAGE then you have slight changes with arm and leg sizes thats it.

What would have to be done (and why it hasnt yet) is they would need to add differant BASE TYPES for player models. ie very small,small,average,big and VERY big. what is in place now is Average and BIG. Thats why you cant create a RB/FB who is 300lbs and actually looks it (outside of taking an OL/DL and making them a RB).
Old 06-08-2010, 06:59 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 13

Like everybody else before me said...it's not just the QBs. All the player models are off and editing them sometimes makes it worse. It is something EA needs to fix badly but I doubt they'll fix it any time soon.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »