Home

Patch to permanently fix Conference Realignment?

This is a discussion on Patch to permanently fix Conference Realignment? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-10-2010, 03:01 PM   #9
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: Patch to permanently fix Conference Realignment?

this is not really something they'll patch. it'll be one huge patch that probably would not get approved.

they would have to not only make an ability to move the teams, but add new art for the new conferences for the menus, patch in the new bowl match-ups/affiliations, patch the menus to show the new conferences(if they change names)..... to name a few. and don't forget the uniform/stadium/field logos. it's not going to happen.
Old 06-10-2010, 03:06 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by prowler
That's really not what a patch does, it's generally used to fix things already in the game.
the sad thing is another 10 guys will ask this same silly question in the next 2 days...

Seriously why would they patch something that has been incorporated by the NCAA yet.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 06-10-2010, 03:09 PM   #11
Rookie

dsmith710's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
this is not really something they'll patch. it'll be one huge patch that probably would not get approved.

they would have to not only make an ability to move the teams, but add new art for the new conferences for the menus, patch in the new bowl match-ups/affiliations, patch the menus to show the new conferences(if they change names)..... to name a few. and don't forget the uniform/stadium/field logos. it's not going to happen.
exactly right, waaaay too much to patch, it will be in next years game most likely, sad that it keeps getting brought up around here like its going to ruin the game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2010, 03:19 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy43
did you really think it was necessary to create ANOTHER thread about this?
Yes.

Quote:
That's really not what a patch does, it's generally used to fix things already in the game.
My mistake. I forgot that the conferences in the game weren't actually a part of the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by realultimatepower
Get it out of your head right now: Its not going to happen this year.

The best we can hope is that its implemented into the game next year, or at the very least the ability to edit the conferences is included next year. If this was announced last year, it would probably be in this year's game or at least the ability to realign the conferences ourselves would be. This stuff is going down a month before launch.

None of the realignment is happening until the 2012 season anyway.
You clearly didn't read the bottom of my OP.
Old 06-10-2010, 03:28 PM   #13
MVP

prowler's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by xNYGx
My mistake. I forgot that the conferences in the game weren't actually a part of the game.
Solidice already explained in great detail what it would take to "patch" this in. It has nothing to do with conferences already being in game, you're asking for an entirely new system that currently doesn't exist. It's not as simple as having Team A moves to Conference B in Year C; again, this is not something that can be patched into a game.
Old 06-10-2010, 03:46 PM   #14
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Yes.

You clearly didn't read the bottom of my OP.
If it helps, you can pretend that your dynasty is taking place in an alternate reality where cfb isn't run by a bunch of mindless greedheads who don't care about anything other than money.
Old 06-10-2010, 03:50 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Solidice already explained in great detail what it would take to "patch" this in. It has nothing to do with conferences already being in game, you're asking for an entirely new system that currently doesn't exist. It's not as simple as having Team A moves to Conference B in Year C; again, this is not something that can be patched into a game.
Yes, I saw his post. It was after yours. And it made sense. Your original post though, did not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
If it helps, you can pretend that your dynasty is taking place in an alternate reality where cfb isn't run by a bunch of mindless greedheads who don't care about anything other than money.
I think that's what I'm gonna do. Sticking to the roots!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2010, 03:57 PM   #16
MVP

prowler's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Yes, I saw his post. It was after yours. And it made sense. Your original post though, did not.

I think that's what I'm gonna do. Sticking to the roots!
If it didn't make sense it's because you don't understand the nature of a patch but you won't be the last.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »