Home

Nebraska starts big 10 play in 2011

This is a discussion on Nebraska starts big 10 play in 2011 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2010, 04:31 PM   #41
Rookie

aimiami's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Nebraska starts big 10 play in 2011

maybe they can do this as an update?
Minnestoa Vikings
cubs, rays
01 Miami
http://www.easports.com/teambuilder#...442:1245035641
check out my other teams
http://www.easports.com/teambuilder#...:1;web:1;sku:2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2010, 04:52 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan
Seems like the best thing to do here is to swap out the big 10 with the big 12 obviously as long as we don't hear about anymore changes. Anyone have thoughts on a North/South breakdown as the big 10 stands now?
I'd imagine that the Big 10 will be divided based on East/West rather than North/South. That would allow for the already established rivalries to remain intact while allowing the most natural of the new rivalries to grow (Nebraska/Iowa).
Old 06-12-2010, 05:35 PM   #43
MVP

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by spliff616
I'd imagine that the Big 10 will be divided based on East/West rather than North/South. That would allow for the already established rivalries to remain intact while allowing the most natural of the new rivalries to grow (Nebraska/Iowa).
That's great, but i'm talking about making it as realistic as possible for this year so changing the division names isn't an option. I guess you could just align them east/west anyway even though the names would be wrong would this make sense?

East/North
Penn St
Ohio St
Michigan
Michigan St
Indiana
Purdue

West/South
Nebraska
Iowa
Minnesota
Wisconsin
Illinois
Northwestern
Old 06-12-2010, 05:43 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 1

This could all be fixed if EA would just make the dynasty mode more flexible. The game needs an AD mode with stadium expansion, conference expansion/contraction/realignment/multi-year scheduling agreements, TV contracts (obviously fictionally named), recruiting budgets, etc. Also, it would be really great if you could customize the postseason to include whatever kind of playoff you want (keep the bowls, +1, 6/8/12/16 team playoff incorporating bowls or with homefield advantage). This would allow the game to be more customizable and adaptable to what is about to be a 3 year period where everyone is changing conferences. Since dynasty mode is the main thing I play, it's going to be really hard for me to be on board if I know the conferences I'm playing in years 2-x in my dynasty are completely wrong.

Everyone says this would be too hard to implement. I disagree, it wouldn't be much harder than it was to do owner mode in Madden 05 (that was 6 years ago). The playoff selection could be done using algorithms already present in college basketball games.
Old 06-12-2010, 06:45 PM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreatusurper512
This could all be fixed if EA would just make the dynasty mode more flexible. The game needs an AD mode with stadium expansion, conference expansion/contraction/realignment/multi-year scheduling agreements, TV contracts (obviously fictionally named), recruiting budgets, etc. Also, it would be really great if you could customize the postseason to include whatever kind of playoff you want (keep the bowls, +1, 6/8/12/16 team playoff incorporating bowls or with homefield advantage). This would allow the game to be more customizable and adaptable to what is about to be a 3 year period where everyone is changing conferences. Since dynasty mode is the main thing I play, it's going to be really hard for me to be on board if I know the conferences I'm playing in years 2-x in my dynasty are completely wrong.

Everyone says this would be too hard to implement. I disagree, it wouldn't be much harder than it was to do owner mode in Madden 05 (that was 6 years ago). The playoff selection could be done using algorithms already present in college basketball games.

I agree 100%. It's rediculous people are satisfied when EA adds 1 feature each year to the game. We should expect way more out of them each year for forking out another $60 each year for what is basically some new feature (that school pride thing last year was really really stupid by the way) and a roster update...if you want to even call it that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2010, 06:57 PM   #46
Pro

Lava's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagskerfan

I agree 100%. It's rediculous people are satisfied when EA adds 1 feature each year to the game. We should expect way more out of them each year for forking out another $60 each year for what is basically some new feature (that school pride thing last year was really really stupid by the way) and a roster update...if you want to even call it that.
There was also TeamBuilder last year, which was another major feature.
Old 06-12-2010, 09:06 PM   #47
Banned

dreezymac's Arena

OVR: 11

You could always move Nebraska and Colorado to their respective new conferences at the beginning of your dynasties. It may not be a fluid as if was implemented by EA themselves (i.e. conference ships, matchups, etc) but you still get the initial dynamic.

I had every intention of starting a build a scrub dynasty anyway where there will be several realignments...
Old 06-12-2010, 10:57 PM   #48
Rookie

GKEnialb's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Actually, with what's been announced so far you'd want to switch pac10 + colorado -> big 10, big 10 + nebraska -> big 12, and big 12 -> pac 10.
This is the way to go. It'll allow a Big 10 championship game, and I don't mind starting that a season earlier than real life! Of course, next week might make this all moot if the schools from Texas jump ship.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »