Home

What are your favorite playbooks?

This is a discussion on What are your favorite playbooks? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2010, 04:26 PM   #9
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: What are your favorite playbooks?

1. Miss. St. - IMO easily the best pb for running out of the shotgun with the 3 wing formations, 2 back formation, double TE formation, heavy bulldog, and wild dog spread formations.
2. ND - The best pro style pb IMO. Allows for a great down hill rushing attack and is awesome for getting your TEs involved in the passing game.
3. WVU - I use this in my OD when my opponent has already seen MSU's playbook a few times and gets to know my tendencies. I love the triple option out of the I in this pb.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 06-12-2010, 06:14 PM   #10
MVP

Kriech23's Arena

OVR: 17

Mississippi State, it seems just about the same as Oregon except for a few gadget plays, and Miss. State has the bulldog formations. I only use those for goal line situations, but just to catch them off guard as well.
Old 06-12-2010, 07:10 PM   #11
Banned

johntom2000's Arena

OVR: 9

Air Force-just like the Solidice said "you could have multiple different attacks with this playbook." Very well put. I used this playbook alot.

Nebraska-Very simple and balance playbook. Won my local area 2010 Gamestop tournament with it.

Option Run-I live and die by it. Sometimes it helps and sometimes it kills me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2010, 08:42 PM   #12
Rookie

Husker88Chief's Arena

OVR: 4

I roll with VIRGINIA TECH's playbook. It's very similar to NEBRASKA's except it adds in the wildcat, which we saw in the HOLIDAY BOWL.

The only flaw is the inclusion of the pistol, but other than that it fits NEBRASKA's real-life playbook very well.

Plus it has a great variety.

Nebraska Football: 12-2 (Big Ten Runner-Up & Capitol One Bowl Champions)

Kansas City Chiefs: 10-6 (1st in AFC West)
Old 06-12-2010, 11:47 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1

I predominantly go with Hawaii/SMU.

While EA has yet to accurately replicate a Run and Shoot offense, going 4 wide the whole game, and making coverage reads is fun and challenging at the same time.

I probably do a 70/30 Pass Run mix, operate about 80/20 Gun-Under center.

What I would want them to add is a Pistol Variant to the playbook, it would open up a method of meshing a downhill running game with a drop-back passing attack.

Aside from running the R&S, I occasionally dabble in playing with Oregon; quite fascinated with how they run the ball out of the Gun, playing with that playbook really allowed me to better utilize shotgun runs in SMU/Hawaii books as well.

The passing game in Oregons PB however leaves much to be desired, probably the most interesting aspect of it is in how it uses TE's/H-Backs in the passing game via Play action.
Old 06-13-2010, 12:23 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 3

Arkansas
South Carolina
Texas A&M
Virginia
Pittsburgh

Prob my top 5
MLB: Houston Astros
Old 06-13-2010, 07:59 AM   #15
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by killa2222
I predominantly go with Hawaii/SMU.

While EA has yet to accurately replicate a Run and Shoot offense, going 4 wide the whole game, and making coverage reads is fun and challenging at the same time.

I probably do a 70/30 Pass Run mix, operate about 80/20 Gun-Under center.

What I would want them to add is a Pistol Variant to the playbook, it would open up a method of meshing a downhill running game with a drop-back passing attack.

Aside from running the R&S, I occasionally dabble in playing with Oregon; quite fascinated with how they run the ball out of the Gun, playing with that playbook really allowed me to better utilize shotgun runs in SMU/Hawaii books as well.
Things are going to be very interesting this year w/ the inclusion of the Run & Shoot in the game. We know they have Bubble Screens and other WR screens in the game, what I hope they've included is the Shovel Pass.

There is really no excuse for it not to be in. They have option plays in the game, getting the Shovel in should be a piece of cake. Since you run Hawaii/SMU then I would assume you know that June Jones uses the Shovel Pass as another part of the run game. Remember in 2006 when Nate Illaoa averaged 7.9 per carry and had another couple hundred yards on Shovel Passes...

Having this play, a staple in the Run & Shoot as well as Air Raid offenses, would open up other things. Perhaps we'll find out tomorrow when the demo drops if it's in or not...

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2010, 11:02 AM   #16
The Legendary Roots Crew

Sublime12089's Arena

OVR: 10

I have been using Idaho alot recently. Completely Ace and Shotgun. Not completely satisfied though, so I will be looking for a different one in 11

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »