Home

Flaw in NCAA 11

This is a discussion on Flaw in NCAA 11 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-15-2010, 08:19 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Flaw in NCAA 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdon2k
I would just like some common sense.... you don't base an offense around players who aren't there.
While I know your point one could also say that schools recruit athletes to their system and don't change systems every time they get a new crop of kids...

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 06-15-2010, 08:36 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 4

The most authentic way to implement this, imo, would be to tie the playbooks to coaches instead of schools. You can then have both the Rich Rods (same offense regardless of personnel) and the Jim Tressels (offense changes pretty much every year based on personnel) of NCAA football.

There could also be a 'System' coach or 'Personnel' coach attribute that would govern the recruiting philosophy for both the user and CPU coaches. So CPU Michigan under Rich Rod would always go for dual threat QB's, whereas a CPU Ohio State under Jim Tressel will target the best QB's interested in Ohio State regardless of style of play.
Old 06-15-2010, 08:36 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdon2k
So EA has been hyping "120 ways to Win" as a new feature in NCAA 11. While their intentions were good, they made an error when installing this new feature. When putting in these new offensive styles EA didn't consider an important factor, personnel. Take Florida for example. The game wants you to run the gator heavy offense... problem is that you don't have Tebow to run it because he left for the pros. I believe their new QB is a pocket paser and is more suited to run a pro style offense. Another example is Clemson's offense based around C.J. Spiller. The problem is that he is gone lol. All of these offensive styles are based around last year's personnel. It would have been nice if EA used some imagination and updated what a team might run based on THIS YEAR'S players.
I'm pretty sure the QB for Florida isn't going to have slow speed in the game.

Now he might not be fast IRL but we aren't talking RL so they probably boost up the QB speed for Florida just to fit that offense in the game.

As for Clemson that doesn't matter either because i'm sure they have some guy with similiard ratings as Spiller on the roster at RB...

Also, I don't think teams scrap their entire system just because a player no longer plays there the next year.

They usually change systems do to coaches changing

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 06-15-2010, 08:39 PM   #20
Rookie

mgcole42's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActLikeYouCrow
yeah basically florida will sub brantley for a backup if they run that irl this year, the game should have anticipated that because they talked about a big guy and speedier guy this spring as options for that.
Yes...Florida is going to run Gator Heavy still, just with some one who isn't necessarily a QB just someone who can get them a couple yards which is what Tebow did freshman year, he wasn't a QB in that formation that year only a tailback if you will and I believe Athlon said they were planning on using a TE or 2 in the Gator Heavy this year
Old 06-15-2010, 09:10 PM   #21
Rookie

Bloppy's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrice25
that being said, the game is cooo, i like it. Hopefully we wont get option teams like GT stuck with pocket QBs.

Well the guys on the dev team kind of handicapped Nesbitt with a 76 speed. I'm hoping his good agility and acceleration ratings will make up for that.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »