Home

No camera options even this year, I'd like an official response

This is a discussion on No camera options even this year, I'd like an official response within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2010, 10:57 AM   #25
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: No camera options even this year, I'd like an official response

Don't blame EA for the lack of camera angles, blame the development team. After all, Ian and his team for Madden 10 took the time to patch in the added broadcast cam last season; that move wasn't halted by EA.

The problem is, the NCAA development team does not view camera angles as important, otherwise we would hear from them.

Every year since the game has been on next-gen there have been threads and posts calling for additional camera angles. Every year these threads get ignored. Not by EA, but by the development team (s).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2010, 11:08 AM   #26
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

I want a camera closer to the action, pre-play dadgummit!!!!!!!!!!!

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Old 06-16-2010, 11:14 AM   #27
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheel
You're right, but it certainly not the NCAA 10 cam wouldn't you agree?
it's a new camera. It looks much more dynamic, while still remaining on the action. I thought ncaa 10's camera was way too jerky, but this is incredibly smooth. the views on KO returns and punts is breathtaking.

the main culprit here is probably framerate. unfortunately, as the nba 2k series has shown us, the devs have had to sacrifice user options for framerate and graphical fidelity. it sucks, indeed, but i'd rather have the 60fps with all of the bells and whistles than a customizable camera. I play on default camera views in most games anyway. to me, the important question is "is the camera playable?" ncaa 10 and bb had unplayable cameras imo. Madden 10 and ncaa 11 have good, playable camera angles.
Old 06-16-2010, 11:17 AM   #28
MVP

OVR: 15

Madden 10 has 4 camera angles, why doesn't it suffer from framerate?
Old 06-16-2010, 11:24 AM   #29
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16

outside of the broadcast camera, the cameras are derivatives of each other, and they don't have a user camera.

It boils down to priorities for the devs I guess. The Madden team made that a priority, but it most likely came at the expense of another addition. Personally, I think users have more than enough time with the demo to decide if they like the new camera view (if it is in fact the only one). If you like it, then who cares?
Old 06-16-2010, 01:06 PM   #30
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
outside of the broadcast camera, the cameras are derivatives of each other, and they don't have a user camera.

It boils down to priorities for the devs I guess. The Madden team made that a priority, but it most likely came at the expense of another addition. Personally, I think users have more than enough time with the demo to decide if they like the new camera view (if it is in fact the only one). If you like it, then who cares?
And if you don't like it, the developers are saying "who cares?"
The Madden broadcast cam was patched in AFTER release, so obviously it could not have come at the expense of another item.
Old 06-16-2010, 01:09 PM   #31
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Mallow
And if you don't like it, the developers are saying "who cares?"
The Madden broadcast cam was patched in AFTER release, so obviously it could not have come at the expense of another item.
The broadcast camera was released with Madden 10 on the disc but just hidden because it had bugs. The patch fixed the bugs and they turned the option on.
Old 06-16-2010, 02:52 PM   #32
Banned

Tarheel's Arena

OVR: 38

All they have to do is borrow the tech from Madden. They borrowed everything else.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »