Home

How do you Feel About No Coaching Carousel This Year

This is a discussion on How do you Feel About No Coaching Carousel This Year within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Thoughts on the Exclusion of Coaching Carousel?
Extremely Disappointed, to the point of it influencing whether or not to purchase. 33 18.54%
Disappointed, but the other additions to the game are enough to satisfy me this year. 106 59.55%
Indifferent. 39 21.91%
Voters: 178. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-16-2010, 05:58 PM   #57
Banned

OVR: 11
Re: How do you Feel About No Coaching Carousel This Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOPARADIGM
But where are you getting this "every other year" thing? Yeah, granted, if it sucks and was implemented poorly, it would suck and be implemented poorly. Why are you just assuming that would be the case? Pessimist much?
this is an EA football game, yes i am a pessimist lol, it would be cool if you could hire offensive/defensive coordinators and other coaches, but that could be implemented in an an athletic director mode
Old 06-16-2010, 06:01 PM   #58
Banned

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by longshanks
this is an EA football game, yes i am a pessimist lol, it would be cool if you could hire offensive/defensive coordinators and other coaches, but that could be implemented in an an athletic director mode
I lol'ed. But still, why aren't you waiving the "EA would mess it up" with respect to AD mode, too? See what I'm saying?

Anyways ... point was, I fully expect this sort of thing - CC or ADM - to be issue #1 for next year's game.
Old 06-16-2010, 06:01 PM   #59
MVP

dan_457's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by g2thecore
Guys I don't mean to be a noob, but what is a coaching carousel?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
Something that happens every year in every sport. Coaches changing teams by a process of getting fired, hired by a new team, accepting an offer to a better team and so forth.

For example, Pete Carroll goes to the NFL and Lane Kiffin leaves Tenn. and goes to USC
___
Old 06-16-2010, 06:09 PM   #60
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

I just dont understand how the most important aspect of college football just gets ignored like this. Hopefully they're going all Madden on us and will give Dynasty mode all the attention it deserves in NCAA 12. But I'm getting tired of "next year" on important stuff like locomotion was last year and CC is this year.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 06-16-2010, 06:09 PM   #61
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_457
___
Thanks bro. But don't we have the option of changing teams after a season in NCAA? I could have sworn that I've received job offers for other programs after a couple seasons before.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2010, 06:15 PM   #62
MVP

dan_457's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by g2thecore
Thanks bro. But don't we have the option of changing teams after a season in NCAA? I could have sworn that I've received job offers for other programs after a couple seasons before.

Yeah, but this makes things a lot more realistic, it means that even cpu teams change coaches, and along with it, their offensive & defensive style as well. It also limits the coaching opportunities the player has because not all jobs are available at all times.
Old 06-16-2010, 07:09 PM   #63
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_457
Yeah, but this makes things a lot more realistic, it means that even cpu teams change coaches, and along with it, their offensive & defensive style as well. It also limits the coaching opportunities the player has because not all jobs are available at all times.
I see....thanks for the explanation.
Old 06-16-2010, 07:46 PM   #64
Rookie

mkam89's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by longshanks
with EA doing something like coaching carousel yes it would...i don't want to see every other coach go to another team every year, if EA implemented it it would be way too over the top. I can definitely see an athletic director mode in the offseason though.
This is why I'd like to see CC in the game this year. No doubt it will need to be worked at and EA usually doesn't do things rights on their first attempt.

I mean I have a Neb dynasty for ncaa10. Even though I've won 5 straight ncaa championships, haven't lost more than 1 game/year since I've been there, and have had the #1 recruiting class every year for the past decade I still get offers for teams like ND, OU, Fla every year. Who's to say that the computer wouldn't take these offers?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »