Home

ESPN announced Pac-10 now 12 teams

This is a discussion on ESPN announced Pac-10 now 12 teams within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2010, 09:25 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 29
Re: ESPN announced Pac-10 now 12 teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdawgdude
It affects years 2 + in dynasty though
again NCAA 2011 is based on the 2010 NCAA football season. Also why you aren't able to recruit actual high school players once you start a dynasty it's all fiction
Old 06-16-2010, 09:37 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 16

While these conference changes wont be in the game, I wish they were. I would love to see a 12 team Big Ten and Pac 10 in my second year of dynasty.

But, what I am wondering about the game is this, will schools that you dont control move conferences, and if they are, will they be added to the conference, or will they replace someone? Also, if the user controlled team gets an invite to a conference, will it be as an addition to the conference or will it be as a replacement of another school?

NCAAB: Cincinnati Bearcats
NFL: Houston Texans
NBA: New York Knicks

"Those Who Stay Will Be CHAMPIONS"-Bo Schembechler-R.I.P.
Old 06-16-2010, 09:39 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

Tovarich's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanks26ngoin
While these conference changes wont be in the game, I wish they were. I would love to see a 12 team Big Ten and Pac 10 in my second year of dynasty.

But, what I am wondering about the game is this, will schools that you dont control move conferences, and if they are, will they be added to the conference, or will they replace someone? Also, if the user controlled team gets an invite to a conference, will it be as an addition to the conference or will it be as a replacement of another school?
It's always a replacement. You can't change the number of teams in the conferences. It would mess up numerous other things. It would have been to see them program in a way to have it take effect. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but way back, on Madden, didn't they make it so the Texans magically appeared in season 2 of franchise? Seems like it should be doable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2010, 09:41 PM   #12
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanks26ngoin
it's always been user controlled teams only and they only swap with other schools. we've been given no reason to think anything will change this year
Old 06-16-2010, 10:12 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 21

heard about this. I like the move- but why didn't they just get Boise State, before they went to MWC? Would have been a MUCH better move, IMO...
Old 06-16-2010, 10:14 PM   #14
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaBruce
heard about this. I like the move- but why didn't they just get Boise State, before they went to MWC? Would have been a MUCH better move, IMO...
academics
Old 06-16-2010, 10:43 PM   #15
MVP

mmorg's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Because Boise State has two good sports, and only has a club baseball team. Football isn't the only determining factor. Also, academics play an even bigger role to the PAC-10 as they prefer schools that have research institutions from what I've read.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2010, 10:46 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

Tovarich's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Academics, small stadium, small market.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »