Home

Online vs. Offline Dynasty

This is a discussion on Online vs. Offline Dynasty within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-17-2010, 12:05 PM   #1
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9
Online vs. Offline Dynasty

Forgive me for never playing an Online dynasty. For years now i've been very very content playing my Offline dynasty and just keeping to myself.

That being said, this year with the inclusion of the internet I'll be taking that step forward and playing my dynasty online, but just doing a single person dynasty.

Obviously i'm very familiar with what the traditional Offline brings, so can we please get some discussion going as far as what to expect with an Online dynasty, what it brings, what it fails to bring, what will be different for me, anything else that can be brought to the discussion.....

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2010, 12:46 PM   #2
Rookie

Chef J2's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Online vs. Offline Dynasty

If I'm understanding you correctly, you want to play an online dynasty. But there seems to be a disconnect in your understanding of the online dynasty based on the comment that you still want to play by yourself. The purpose of the online dynasty is to experience the dynasty with multiple users. The online option allows you to play with other human opponents on the same dynasty. I hope that makes sense. If I misunderstood your intentions, I appologize.
Old 06-17-2010, 12:50 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 25

I think he means he want the ONLINE dynasty features without actually playing online dynasty with others...I might be wrong though.

But if my above guess is correct, i was thinking about doing the same thing. I like what online dynasty brings, but i dont want others in it with me...ONLINE sports games are not games i play online personally, no patience for any other people BS.
Old 06-17-2010, 12:53 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 10

I assumed he is making the switch from offline dynasty to single player online dynasty so he can take advantage of the new online dynasty only story feature. As far as the differences I think all you lose is conference invites and you get a different menu structure.

Last edited by Pass_The_Cows; 06-17-2010 at 01:01 PM.
Old 06-17-2010, 12:54 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 14

A lot of people are doing this. I'll do it also. I want those extra features.

Rise to Prominence OD League Member
-Duke Blue Devils

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2010, 12:56 PM   #6
Rookie

Chef J2's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pass_The_Cows
I assumed he is making the switch from offline dynasty to single player online dynasty so he can take advantage of the new online dynasty only story feature. As far as the differences I think all you loose is conference invites and you get a different menu structure.
What is the "new online dynasty story feature"?
Old 06-17-2010, 12:58 PM   #7
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef J2
If I'm understanding you correctly, you want to play an online dynasty. But there seems to be a disconnect in your understanding of the online dynasty based on the comment that you still want to play by yourself. The purpose of the online dynasty is to experience the dynasty with multiple users. The online option allows you to play with other human opponents on the same dynasty. I hope that makes sense. If I misunderstood your intentions, I appologize.
With the dynasty wire features, I think that everyone should want to play their single player dynasties as online ones. This is an option in '11. I'll be in my online dynasty with the 11 other users and I'll also do my "offline" single player dynasty as an online one.

OP--

There are some questions about single player ODs that haven't been answered.
-Can you still get job offers if at a small school? (In '10 you cannot)
-Can your school get conference invites? (In '10 you cannot)

Here are some differences between offline and online in '10.
-The dynasty isn't stored on your HDD (but you can save copies of it there) as it's stored on EA's servers. This means that there's some loading time involved.
-I haven't been a commish of an OD, but the advancing of weeks is slightly different. It seems to be easy for inexperienced commishes to accidentally advance through all 5 weeks of offseason recruiting instead of only 1 week.
-You can't select your opponent's uniform like you can in offline, so you'll always play against their default home/away uniforms.
-You can't play non-user games.
-You can't select non-user playbooks. In my '10 offline dynasty, when I see teams like GT have nothing but pocket passers, I'll change their playbook so they don't run flexbone anymore. You can't do that online.

I'm sure others will add some stuff for you.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 06-17-2010, 12:59 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 29

the bg question marks right now for online dynasty are conference invites and coaching contracts. If at least coaching contracts make it in I will be playing a single player online dynasty as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »