Home

E3 Preliminary Top 25

This is a discussion on E3 Preliminary Top 25 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-18-2010, 04:06 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: E3 Preliminary Top 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkley7
So you're ducking the fact that all 3 of those teams I just listed have better defenses than TCU
Statistically????
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2010, 04:12 PM   #42
Rookie

Barkley7's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by UHCougarfan
Statistically????
Not statistically, as of course those 3 teams faced tougher offenses while TCU played in the MWC.
Talent wise..
Alabama - Cody, McClain, Hightower for a little while, Jackson, Arenas, Barron, Dareus..
Florida - Cunningham, Dunlap, Spikes, Stamper the entire secondary
Texas - Sergio Kindle, Earl Thomas, Aaron Williams

As for TCU.. I think Hughes and Carder
Old 06-18-2010, 04:15 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkley7
So you're ducking the fact that all 3 of those teams I just listed have better defenses than TCU
You can say what you want, but the fact is TCU DID have the best defense in the country, numbers wise. In your eyes they might not have. But to say that just about every team in the top 25 would handle either boise state or tcu by halftime is just ridiculous
Old 06-18-2010, 04:19 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 2
Post Re: E3 Preliminary Top 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinc924
You can say what you want, but the fact is TCU DID have the best defense in the country, numbers wise. In your eyes they might not have. But to say that just about every team in the top 25 would handle either boise state or tcu by halftime is just ridiculous
Agreed. Barkley simply doesn't know much about college football. Oh by the way, TCU might have played in trhe MWC but they also had nice road victories over Virginia and Clemson (if my memory serves me correctly I think Clemson had a pretty decent running back )
Old 06-18-2010, 04:51 PM   #45
Rookie

foreverhorn's Arena

OVR: 4

The BCS got it wrong last year pitting TCU vs Boise St...that's not gonna prove anything. Boise had beaten ou one year in the BCS, but then again who hasn't beaten ou in a BCS bowl? Utah beat Alabama and that is definately worth a pat on the back. These non-BCS conference power-houses just need to keep beating some of these big traditional schools and eventually they will get their due.

This works both ways though...It's hard to schedule these schools because the overwhelming reaction to beating a TCU, Boise, Utah...etc, is not the same as beating a Michigan, ND, Nebraska...big name schools that are no longer power-houses. I would much rather schedule ND than Boise St, not only are they not as good, but you get more credit for the win. More ESPN coverage, more recruits watching...ect.

IMO, the only way to do this is to go to a playoff and the only reason we don't have a playoff is so that the have's and ESPN can basically hand-pick the teams that go to the MNC. All these other teams can go undefeated every year, but will keep getting passed up by a 1 loss SEC team or an undefeated Big 12(-2) team with a schedule almost as easy as a MAC or MWC team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2010, 04:56 PM   #46
Banned

mrMagic91's Arena

OVR: 23

A playoff would make the regular season meaningless. All they have to do is schedule a good non-conference schedule against schools from the top conferences. And if you win then you are worthy. If you dont win then obviously you dont deserve to be in a BCS game.
Old 06-18-2010, 05:17 PM   #47
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrMagic91
A playoff would make the regular season meaningless. All they have to do is schedule a good non-conference schedule against schools from the top conferences. And if you win then you are worthy. If you dont win then obviously you dont deserve to be in a BCS game.
Seems to me the BCS already makes the regular season for the 50+ teams not in BCS conferences meaningless as is to begin with.

How does a playoff make the regular season meaningless? You still have to win games to win your conference or get into the playoff and get a good seed.
Old 06-18-2010, 05:39 PM   #48
Rookie

Barkley7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinc924
No, no, that's not what I meant. I'm saying that Boise State struggled to put away teams like Tulsa, LA Tech, and Fresno State. Any team in the top 25 would crush those three teams I just listed right there, I didn't say they would crush Boise or TCU.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »