Home

NCAA 11 Demo Help

This is a discussion on NCAA 11 Demo Help within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-18-2010, 12:11 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 10
NCAA 11 Demo Help

I'm playing the demo and cannot seem to juke whenever i push the button, Im just wondering why they are not doing what I press...

An example is i'll run toward the sideline one a sweep and want to truck or juke and my player will do nothing and get hit... Ive tried doing it early, late... Still no response

Any help will be appreciated
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2010, 12:14 PM   #2
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: NCAA 11 Demo Help

Pushing up on the R stick doesn't truck anymore. It causes you to lean forward and you can twist your body left or right with it too to shield the ball from the defender. I haven't discovered what advantage you get by leaning forward though. Also, I think holding it back causes your guy to stand up straighter while running, but I don't know if that makes him faster or what advantage there is to doing that either.

I've had no problems juking by pushing the R stick left or right.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 06-18-2010, 12:28 PM   #3
Rookie

Lynx34's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
Pushing up on the R stick doesn't truck anymore. It causes you to lean forward and you can twist your body left or right with it too to shield the ball from the defender. I haven't discovered what advantage you get by leaning forward though. Also, I think holding it back causes your guy to stand up straighter while running, but I don't know if that makes him faster or what advantage there is to doing that either.

I've had no problems juking by pushing the R stick left or right.
Leaning forward increases your chances of a tackler missing high, and when they still make the hit, if you're leaning away from the hit, it'll decrease the impact and increase ball security. Leaning back increases your chances of dodging tacklers diving at your feet from behind. Adrian Peterson in particular is known for doing this a lot.

To truck, lean forward then pull back on the right stick just before the defender attempts to make the tackle.
Old 06-20-2010, 09:15 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 10

They are doing way too much, I liked the old way better... I feel this is an unnecessary/bad way to try to implement maybe a new juke system???

Anymore help would be appreciated
Old 06-20-2010, 09:22 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

You know, I just realized that I haven't really juked at all in the demo or even tried. Spin move is just so amazing I seem to use it all the time.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2010, 09:43 PM   #6
Rookie

Lynx34's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by leo2k2ndc
They are doing way too much, I liked the old way better... I feel this is an unnecessary/bad way to try to implement maybe a new juke system???

Anymore help would be appreciated
I think it's more difficult by design. Trucking people in real life is extremely difficult and you don't really see it that often; maybe once or twice a game where it actually fully breaks the tackle. On NCAA10, I could count on a freak QB I had (sort of a Tebow-type) to truck a DB and be successful just about every time on All-American. Making it physically harder to perform makes me have to do more. I like this.

Same goes for spins. By making it the little 90 degree stick rotate, it's not too difficult but it's a little harder to do than a button press but still not as easy as the jukes which are still the flicks left and right. Makes sense to me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »