Home

Pass Rush, Fatigue, and Field Goals...Oh my!

This is a discussion on Pass Rush, Fatigue, and Field Goals...Oh my! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-19-2010, 10:15 AM   #9
MVP

I Peench's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Pass Rush, Fatigue, and Field Goals...Oh my!

You don't think you can generate a pass rush with the RE? Try using UNC's Robert Quinn, putting the line at aggressive, and re-blitzing him.
Old 06-19-2010, 11:09 AM   #10
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29

Expanding upon you're fatigue issues, I've had Clemson run their wildcat, then go no-huddle and the RB is literally throwing as if he were a quarterback. I think he was like 3-5 on that drive that eventually ended in a score.

And then theres times when the offense goes no huddle, with big personnel(fullback and 2 tight ends) then lines up in a spread with this personnel having great success moving the ball. I cant stand having a fullback line up wide and beat my defenders. That fullback is definitely not conditioned to run up and down the field trying to beat a corner.

I still haven't seen the-stop and look to the sidelines for the play call-no huddle either. It's just quick get to the line as fast as possible, then snap instantly. How does the rest of the offense know which play they're running? It's hardly realistic.

Old 06-19-2010, 11:16 AM   #11
Rookie

Lavar's Arena

OVR: 3

There is a difference between a 2 minute offense and a no hurdle offense. Two minute offense is trying to get down field as quickly as possible thus saving time.
The no-huddle offense is usually employed as part of a hurry-up offense, BUT it is not necessarily an attempt to snap the ball quicker. Rather, the lack of huddle allows the offense to threaten to snap the ball quickly, denying the defending team time to substitute players and communicate effectively between coaches and players.

Anyone who has watched college ball will see that Mizz no huddle but then turn to the sideline to receive orders, then bark out some calls at the line then snap. I was kind of hoping to see a animation of QB's turning to the sidelines to do this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2010, 11:19 AM   #12
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavar
There is a difference between a 2 minute offense and a no hurdle offense. Two minute offense is trying to get down field as quickly as possible thus saving time.
The no-huddle offense is usually employed as part of a hurry-up offense, BUT it is not necessarily an attempt to snap the ball quicker. Rather, the lack of huddle allows the offense to threaten to snap the ball quickly, denying the defending team time to substitute players and communicate effectively between coaches and players.

Anyone who has watched college ball will see that Mizz no huddle but then turn to the sideline to receive orders, then bark out some calls at the line then snap. I was kind of hoping to see a animation of QB's turning to the sidelines to do this.
The trailers have shown this. But it's absent, in my experiences, in the demo.

Old 06-19-2010, 11:26 AM   #13
Pro

OVR: 3

The players turning toward the sideline happens when you call an audible at the line of scrimmage after going no-huddle.

In real life, when the team goes no huddle, the QB gets a signal from the sideline and he yells out a number to the rest of the team... that's the original play. Then when everyone gets up to the line of scrimmage, the coaches read the defense and decide which play they want to run from that formation. That's when the rest of the team looks to the sideline and gets the signal.

On this game, when you hurry up to the line of scrimmage, the players get set in a formation. If you call an audible, that's when they look to the sideline (sometimes they don't do it, though).
Old 06-19-2010, 11:47 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTAllTheWay
One problem I've noticed about FG happens when you press Y (or Triangle, I guess) to get to Special Teams quickly.

If you use a formation that has a sub in (in other words, you use the Backup QB package) on third down, and then press Y when the play call screen comes up on 4th down (to go to the Special Teams formation)... if you press FG (or PAT attempt), your QB will be the kicker.

Anybody else notice this?
yes this happened to me once luckily it was only a 20 yd FG which my QB bearly had enough leg to make.
Old 06-19-2010, 12:16 PM   #15
Sorry, I Got Nothing...

Illustrator76's Arena

OVR: 21

My biggest problem with the pass rush (that gets over-looked year after year) is the ridiculous "pancaking" by the offensive linemen. Whenever I take control of my DT and use Right Stick pass rush moves to get to the QB, I almost always fall flat on my face and get "pancaked". I simply don't understand how more people aren't outraged by this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2010, 12:45 PM   #16
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

I don't user any of my d-linemen, instead choosing to control a linebacker. Pass Rush was an issue until I went into gameplan and turned up the d-line to aggressive. I've seen a huge issue in getting pressure and the jumping of the snap.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »