Home

Guys, help me out with this.......

This is a discussion on Guys, help me out with this....... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-19-2010, 10:18 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 14
Guys, help me out with this.......

Please keep this civil. I am just curious as to what you guys think. I have looked at Madden 11 which I am not impressed by (though I will give the demo its fair shot) and I have watched NCAA 11 vids and played the demo. Both games are pretty much very similar, but why am I getting "last gen" nostalgia about NCAA and I am not with Madden? What are the devs of NCAA doing that Madden is not?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2010, 10:24 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 10
Re: Guys, help me out with this.......

I can't really put my finger on it either. NCAA 11 so far looks/plays like the best NCAA game since 06/07 on PS2 IMO, in fact it's the first 360/PS3 version I would even consider "good" in any way. Madden 11 looks a lot worse than NCAA 11 to me and exactly like Madden 10 which I hated.
NHL: LA Kings
Old 06-19-2010, 10:32 PM   #3
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

I believe its three things:

1) ESPN Presentation

2) The fact that its college football

3) The impressive jump from last year to this year

I honestly believe that when people play the Madden demo, they will have the same feeling of being impressed by the game as they are with the NCAA demo.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 06-19-2010, 10:35 PM   #4
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40

You haven't played Madden yet. It's a little unfair to say how you get this "last gen vibe" with NCAA and not Madden when you haven't played Madden yet.
A lot of you guys seem pretty cool, but you have wieners.
Old 06-19-2010, 10:36 PM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeAreAllWitnesses
You haven't played Madden yet. It's a little unfair to say how you get this "last gen vibe" with NCAA and not Madden when you haven't played Madden yet.
As I have stated, I have not played Madden. I also said that I would give Maddens demo a shot. I was meaning up to this point.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2010, 10:39 PM   #6
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatisback
As I have stated, I have not played Madden. I also said that I would give Maddens demo a shot. I was meaning up to this point.
Then why make this thread? You haven't played Madden, you have no idea what you'll feel when you play it. You're just assuming you won't like it.
A lot of you guys seem pretty cool, but you have wieners.
Old 06-19-2010, 10:45 PM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeAreAllWitnesses
Then why make this thread? You haven't played Madden, you have no idea what you'll feel when you play it. You're just assuming you won't like it.
Because, i am trying to figure out what the NCAA devs are doing right that the Madden devs arent even though the two games are very similar. Not to mention, I wasnt impressed at all for Madden 10 and they havent made any significant changes from what I have seen to warrant a purchase, while NCAA has even though they are using the same engine. Get my drift?
Old 06-19-2010, 10:47 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 5

You know what I thought that as well until I actually played Madden. It was really nice and a lot more responsive IMO to NCAA. Its simply a more polished game no doubt. But NCAA has stepped there game up so much that I think all of us just cant wait to play a game that is overall solid. I just like it that you can play a little bit of D now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »