Home

ps3 demo colors?

This is a discussion on ps3 demo colors? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-21-2010, 12:23 AM   #9
Rookie

B Easy's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: ps3 demo colors?

thanks guys. I was actually just messing around with The Show and I could easily tell a difference between the two games (NCAA). The Show was colorful, bright, every detail was crisp and clean. I'm thinking this is because SCEA makes the game. I'm going to do what Fury suggested and hopefully it will yield me better results.

I'm also using HDMI cables rather than component... could that have anything to do with it? Sorry for the questions I'm not a TV guy at all, well I know some stuff, but I know yall know alot more than I do! haha
Old 06-21-2010, 12:31 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by B Easy
thanks guys. I was actually just messing around with The Show and I could easily tell a difference between the two games (NCAA). The Show was colorful, bright, every detail was crisp and clean. I'm thinking this is because SCEA makes the game. I'm going to do what Fury suggested and hopefully it will yield me better results.

I'm also using HDMI cables rather than component... could that have anything to do with it? Sorry for the questions I'm not a TV guy at all, well I know some stuff, but I know yall know alot more than I do! haha
I don't know A LOT about TV's but I know what helped me. I use HDMI cables when I play on my TV and as far as I know they give the best picture quality.

Also, The Show is the PS3's baby when it comes to sports games so it will have some of the best sports graphics out there. EA sports games are usually just updated versions with tweaked graphics and roster updates.

Old 06-21-2010, 12:32 AM   #11
Banned

dopeboy206's Arena

OVR: 18

I am on the xbox 360 and the demo colors do look a bit off.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2010, 12:43 AM   #12
Rookie

B Easy's Arena

OVR: 3

yeah Fury, I hear ya. its cool though I appreciate the advice.

You're right though, The Show IMO has the best graphics for any sports title on any console.

This whole thing is buggin' me because I had a crappy 20 something inch HDTV I picked up last summer at BestBuy after I had a few keggers at my house... I needed an upgrade from my old SDTV and I just spent like 170 on some no name HDTV that served it's purpose for few months till I copped the 48" Samsung.

The problem I'm having now is that the colors, sharpness, overall quality on that POS look a lot better than they do on the $750 I dropped to finally have a legit set up in my brand new basement haha. Granted when actually watching television I have zero complaints. Once I switch that baby to HDMI 4 to fire up the PS3, the screen gets slightly darker and I feel like it throws everything off...
Old 06-21-2010, 12:56 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1

Well honestly I can't really compare component to HDMI for my PS3 since I have always used HDMI when I play on my HDTV. But I suggest if the component cables seem better to you then use them instead.

I normally play on an old 27" RCA in my room and a 50" Panasonic when I can(mainly when parents go out of town, lol). So colors don't really bother me much.

The only game I hate playing is Battlefield Bad Company 2. That has to be the darkest game ever made when you go into a dark area like the Lighthouse on one of the multiplayer levels is pretty much pitch black.

Old 06-21-2010, 02:19 AM   #14
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napstar22
Do the in game colors seem bland on the PS3 demo . Is it the same on the 360 ?
I downloaded the demo on xbox first since it came out earlier then I downloaded the demo on PS3 and they both look about the same to me. I think I see what you mean about the colors being bland. You're talking about the OSU red and Oklahoma red being off, right? If so then yeah it's on both systems. If not, then I don't know what you're talking about so just disregard this post.
Old 06-21-2010, 03:02 AM   #15
MVP

GJEM's Arena

OVR: 12

I also downloaded the demo for PS3 (only system I have) and I too agree the game looks so dark and faded I guess, I just can't put my finger on it. I have a 55'' Panasonic HD projection and I'm currently using component so I can't say to those using HDMI it's much better, I can't compare the two because I don't have an HDMI cable but I can say The Show is absolutely beautiful with the settings my PS3 and TV are set on but I will try what Fury said and hopefully it will do the trick for the demo as well as the full version.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2010, 03:10 AM   #16
MVP

brahmagoul's Arena

OVR: 12

The game looks fine to me on the PS3. The only issue I ever had with NCAA was my first year on the PS3 after getting rid of my 360. But once I took off 1080 only and set it to 720, the picture was just as good as I'd expect.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »