Home

Who's the Frosh DE rated 88 on 'Bama?

This is a discussion on Who's the Frosh DE rated 88 on 'Bama? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-23-2010, 01:54 PM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 14
Re: Who's the Frosh DE rated 88 on 'Bama?

My dad has every Alabama win since the 1978 Sugar Bowl recorded. But he didn't attend the university. Is he legitmate enough for you?

Rise to Prominence OD League Member
-Duke Blue Devils

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2010, 01:57 PM   #66
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

So since I probably won't go to Miami because of money I am not a legitimate fan? There is no way thats true. I could honestly say I am one of the biggest Miami fans around. You don't want to be near me the next couple days after a loss.

A fan is a fan of a team because they choose to be. Yea, attending a school usually results in some loyalty to the school, but usually everyone likes a school way before they go to it. I have liked Miami since I could talk.

― Plato
Old 06-23-2010, 03:32 PM   #67
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by edscott
Ok. To defend my position as a student at UA and fan of the football team.

The whole concept of "fandom" is absurd if you have no affiliation with the team/organization that you root for. What makes you like a team if, when the team wins, it doesn't benefit you in some way? It's as if to say "I'm going to let this make me feel good or bad if this team wins or loses, even though it doesn't really concern me." I root for Alabama because when we win, it brings a lot of money to my school, thus creating a better learning environment, for me. And I will continue to be an Alabama fan because the more money and prestige that come to this school, the better my degree will look. If someone couldn't afford or couldn't get into the school that they considered themselves to be a fan of, then become a fan of the school that you DO go to.
Actually the concept of "fandom" or a "fan" derives from someone who is fanatic about their team. The affiliation isn't a monetary one, but instead is a psychological one. In other words, emotional.

For as many fans as there are in the world, there are as many emotional connections to teams and players.

The way you talk about it is as if it is an investment. Which, sadly, makes many people look like fools because they don't "invest" until the capital is sky high (championship). But let's not get so crazy.

And how does winning championships = more money = sexier diploma?

Tell that to the Ivy League schools. How would that apply to a job application in the real world?

"I'm sorry sir, I had to go with applicant B, considering they went to a school that won the racquetball national championships."

"Yes, I know you went to Harvard, but the racquetball championship afforded his college an opportunity to remodel their science labs which trumps the fact you learned from a field of genius professors."
Old 06-23-2010, 04:22 PM   #68
stewaat

OVR:

It's cool to be a fan of a school you didn't go to

But yes...if you went to school there you definitely have an edge over somebody who didn't.

Old 06-23-2010, 04:48 PM   #69
shh
Rookie

OVR: 1

He will be a beast...
Old 06-23-2010, 05:14 PM   #70
six
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewaat
It's cool to be a fan of a school you didn't go to

But yes...if you went to school there you definitely have an edge over somebody who didn't.
Well I live in TN but my family is from Kentucky and we have been Kentucky Wildcat fans for generations and not one of them or me has went to UK.

What gives them the edge? I guarantee you I can own 99% of UK students on UK basketball and UK football history, stats, current teams, etc.

So cause they live in state they are a better fan? Yeah...right. What about the losers who weren't a UK fan until they went to college this past year and became one because of Coach Cal and how well the b-ball team did or because of how the football team looked? You are telling me that idiot type fan has an edge on someone who has been born into it...I think that's dumb but that's just me.
Old 06-23-2010, 05:22 PM   #71
Banned

OVR: 8

Where are the player ratings?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2010, 06:46 PM   #72
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by UA210
Where are the player ratings?
NCAA '11 TB

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »