Home

What Playbook Will You Use??? And a note to the OS Community.

This is a discussion on What Playbook Will You Use??? And a note to the OS Community. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-22-2010, 09:00 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 3
Re: What Playbook Will You Use??? And a note to the OS Community.

That strongly depends on who I use.

When I go with Texas, I'm going to use some form of a one back, pro-style system... like Texas is going to be doing in real life. Garrett Gilbert doesn't have the running ability that McCoy had, so running the spread, read option offense doesn't really make sense. Plus, they've got a good variety of RBs (Tre' Newton, Fozzy Whittaker, Cody Johnson, Chris Whaley).

For my created team, Madison State Cowboys, I'll be using Texas' playbook. I set them up exclusively for Texas' playbook.

I'm in another OD where I'll be using Arizona State... I have no idea what playbook I'll be using there. Probably their original playbook.
Old 06-22-2010, 09:03 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 4

@FuryMG I understand the confusion I should have used a comma. I meant the top teams in the Big 10 have middle to top teir defenses, from an Arkansas native stand point the Big-10 is the second best defensive league. I don't believe the Michigan philosophy of Rich Rodriguez will work in the Big Ten. I'm not an expert on the Big Ten but y'all are more into time management than other leagues. There's the shoot out Big 12 and the Big 10 is time management and the SEC is the in between. I say Rich Rodriguez did the smart thing in taking the highest profile job in the country with the winningest all time team.

I'm not smashing Michigan I like the fact they hate Ohio State and Notre Dame cause I do too
Old 06-22-2010, 09:05 PM   #19
Rookie

KentuckyJared20's Arena

OVR: 3

If EA put a wildcat package in Kentucky's playbook then that will be the playbook I use since I can throw Randall Cobb back there and just run that until Cobb gets too fatigued. If UK's playbook is right then I likely will run with Cobb/Locke or throw to Cobb 90% of the time.
Old 06-22-2010, 09:09 PM   #20
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KentuckyJared20
If EA put a wildcat package in Kentucky's playbook then that will be the playbook I use since I can throw Randall Cobb back there and just run that until Cobb gets too fatigued. If UK's playbook is right then I likely will run with Cobb/Locke or throw to Cobb 90% of the time.
Yeah I say it should be called the WILDHOG cause not the Wildcat since Arkansas was the first to use it with D-Mac. We called it the Wild-hog in 06' and the Wildhog in 07'. But the Wildcat stuck.
Old 06-22-2010, 09:12 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdwills3521
Yeah I say it should be called the WILDHOG cause not the Wildcat since Arkansas was the first to use it with D-Mac. We called it the Wild-hog in 06' and the Wildhog in 07'. But the Wildcat stuck.
Actually you were not the first to use it. You were the first to use it consistantly, but in 05 the panthers used in with d. williams, and dan henne as their OC, and they called it the Wild Cat
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2010, 09:14 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
@FuryMG I understand the confusion I should have used a comma. I meant the top teams in the Big 10 have middle to top teir defenses, from an Arkansas native stand point the Big-10 is the second best defensive league. I don't believe the Michigan philosophy of Rich Rodriguez will work in the Big Ten. I'm not an expert on the Big Ten but y'all are more into time management than other leagues. There's the shoot out Big 12 and the Big 10 is time management and the SEC is the in between. I say Rich Rodriguez did the smart thing in taking the highest profile job in the country with the winningest all time team.

I'm not smashing Michigan I like the fact they hate Ohio State and Notre Dame cause I do too
Ok, yeah I see what you mean now. Even if I don't like Rich Rod's system it can work but Michigan just doesn't have the high profile receivers like the spread needs. I don't know about this years freshman because I don't follow high school football at all or even Michigan until the season starts.

Old 06-22-2010, 09:23 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
USC used it in 05 actually
Old 06-22-2010, 09:23 PM   #24
Banned

@beastofboston You're right I remember that now from a special on the wildcat. Speaking of the Panthers I think DeAngelo and Stewart are the most underrated backs. It's sad when some team is stacked with talent and they're not recognized if they're on second team.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »