Home

NCAA Football 11 Video: First Look at the New Dynasty Recruit Call

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 11 Video: First Look at the New Dynasty Recruit Call within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-26-2010, 12:21 PM   #33
Rookie

coachchris's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Dynasty Phone Call Video (EA Sports)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewaat
http://www.und.com/sports/m-basebl/s...061010aaa.html

In the Football Bowl Subdivision, institutions with top APR figures in football included Rutgers (992), Air Force (988), Rice (987), Northwestern (986), Duke (983), Notre Dame (978) and Miami, Fla. (978).

Didn't expect the U lol
Great stuff, the U never gets thrown into these debates but is a great school of academia. The academies are usually forgotten as well but I doubt there are tougher places to be a student athlete, especially the Fighting Falcons out of Colorado Springs.
Old 06-26-2010, 10:47 PM   #34
Rookie

NDFan1029's Arena

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGFOOT999
I dont know if USC belongs on that list. The other Cali universities you mentioned are FAR better, esp Cal and Stanford.
LMAO, I was gonna say the same thing. If you can breathe, you get into that school. Don't be fooled by their acceptance rates, either. It's only low because half the nation wants to go there.
Old 06-26-2010, 10:50 PM   #35
Rookie

NDFan1029's Arena

OVR: 2
From what I have seen, I think the only reason they went with a random selection for pitches is because it was way too easy before, when you could just pick the same topics your school was good at and recruit a guy fairly easily. Now they actually make you address your weak points as well.

What troubles me is it seems like it was really easy to make up ground on the schools ahead of you. Only about 250 point separated the top schools form the lowest ones, and he probably made up about 100 or more points with just one recruiting call. I hope the recruiting difficulty was set lower for his demonstration.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2010, 01:03 AM   #36
Release the Kirchen

auburntigersfan's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: NCAA Football 11 Video: First Look at the New Dynasty Recruit Call

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweettouch
The entire big ten should be on the list since every school is in the top 100 *I think
The Big Ten should generally be better than the Big 12 and SEC, that's for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDFan1029
LMAO, I was gonna say the same thing. If you can breathe, you get into that school. Don't be fooled by their acceptance rates, either. It's only low because half the nation wants to go there.
I know people who have been accepted to ND but declined to USC. ND is generally a bit better of a school than USC, but it isn't by much.
Old 06-27-2010, 01:18 AM   #37
MVP

I Peench's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by BraveHeart
I think schools need to be knocked down in ratings. Only schools that should be A or A+ in academics should be schools like...

Stanford
Notre Dame
Northwestern
Cal
Vanderbilt
UCLA
Virginia
Michigan
USC
Ga Tech
Baylor
UNC

etc....
LOL @ Baylor. Avg SAT score of roughly 1200. Even I did better than that. They accept fifty percent of their applicants...

Last edited by I Peench; 06-27-2010 at 01:23 AM.
Old 06-27-2010, 01:36 AM   #38
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39

New recruiting looks good... Good to see EA making strides.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Old 06-28-2010, 10:48 AM   #39
Rookie

IndyBronco's Arena

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by o Mass Murda o
i guess im in the minority of not minding the mathematics being there for recruiting. for me at least, gone are the days of being "full bar'd" and in 2nd/3rd place and recruiting a guy very hard with my best pitches and not ever moving up a notch, but not knowing why or being able to tell just how hard the cpu is going at him as well. all i see it as is an extension of the interest bar....to give u a more detailed reference point and take out the guesswork or head scratching when something happens
I like the new idea of the points since now you can see that you are not moving up/down because another school matched/beat your points from last week. In real life, I think they know if another school is still in pursuit of another player. You arent gaining/losing b/c of 'mathmatics' since the points are based on your ability to use recruiting points/promises/offer. I like the change-who's coming with me? Who's coming with me? Well, this is embarrassing.
Old 06-28-2010, 01:32 PM   #40
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: NCAA Football 11 Video: First Look at the New Dynasty Recruit Call

I think the new system levels the playing field in regards to recruiting. Gone are the days or 3+ hours on topics to get practically every recruit.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »