Home

What's the difference between EA's player ratings and your own player ratings?

This is a discussion on What's the difference between EA's player ratings and your own player ratings? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-25-2010, 06:53 PM   #41
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: What's the difference between EA's player ratings and your own player ratings?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
He wouldn't get pamncake on every play because i don't expect you to lower his Strength rating below 70 or 60

You can take that DE and give him low awareness, low tackling, low play recognition and pursuit

His Block shed and Strength would keep him from being pancked on every play but he wouldn't be a guy who could perform at a high level in the game.

There are like 5 overall ratings that makes up the IMPACT of a DL in this game and to me they aren't used correctly to seperate players good from bad or strength vs weaknesses

What about the bad safety I described? Or a 20 OVR WR? Would he never catch the ball?

And would Alabama always beat North Texas 100-0?

The Fake D1-AA schools having a bunch of 50 OVR players and you have to try to not score 100 on them right now.

I'm just trying to get perspective on how stretched you want these ratings and if it's actually better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2010, 06:55 PM   #42
Rookie

UniversityofArizona's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: What's the difference between EA's player ratings and your own player ratings?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSherrod
@Playmakers

Seeing that you do a lot of roster work, I was wondering if you have any particular posts that go in depth with what attributes matter at what position and the effects of each rating? For instance, what attributes would I assign a game managing QB versus a gunslinger. Something along those lines.

i absolutely agree in that I would love to see a post such as this. for instance if you hadn't told me that lineman need awareness to initiate blocks correctly i would still be confused why my awesome left tackle gave up so many sacks
Old 06-25-2010, 07:24 PM   #43
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13

Id really prefer the All Pro 2k8 skill sets. Just add reall 40 yard dash times..

EA really needs to dedicate some time to doing there homework on teams...

Nebraska Cornhuskers
Washington Redskins
Miami Heat
Old 06-25-2010, 07:43 PM   #44
SimWorld Draft Class Guru

CWSapp757's Arena

OVR: 24

Just like a lot of people have pointed out, the high ratings really murder the realism in dynasty mode. I was playing a dynasty with Penn State on NCAA 10 a couple weeks ago and remember having a RS Soph QB that was already a 96 overall.... and he hadn't even thrown a pass yet. Just behind him was my RS Freshman QB with a 90 overall. That's just to much.
Old 06-25-2010, 08:00 PM   #45
MVP

OVR: 9

theres also the perspective that the 40 ovr player wont be as bad because the top teams wont be littered with 90 ovr players
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2010, 08:37 PM   #46
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSherrod
@Playmakers

Seeing that you do a lot of roster work, I was wondering if you have any particular posts that go in depth with what attributes matter at what position and the effects of each rating? For instance, what attributes would I assign a game managing QB versus a gunslinger. Something along those lines.
You can't have a QB in NCAA that manages a game unless you tweak the Playbook in dynasty mode.

You'd have to pick a team and then change their Offensive Agressivness Slider along with their Run/Pass Ratio under coaching options

After you switched that team to a more conservative playbook then you need a QB with pretty good awareness which allows him to protect the ball.

For example here's your QB ratings and the playbook that would allow the QB for the CPU to manage a game

Throwing Power-88
Accuarcy-80
Awareness-88

Offsensive Style-Run Balanced
Offensive Playbook Aggressivess-45
Run/Pass Ratio-65% Run vs 35% Pass

The QB isn't going to be extremely accurate if you look at his rating but he will have high awareness. So your going to see him make some very realistic off target throws....some passes will sail high, short and too long. He'll even throw passes that neither the WR or defender will be able to make a play on the ball.

Those incompletions will result in realistic passing %'s and the turnovers will be kept to a minimum because his awareness will allow him to protect the ball. Also because of the playbook you'll see that team rely on the running game a lot and the aggressiveness setting for the offense will force more safe passes meaning the offense won't take a lot of shots down the field it will be extremely conservative

Now for a gunslinger again that is tied into the Offensive Playbook complimented by the QB ratings.

Lets say I was re-creating Andre Ware of Houston a gunsliger back in his day

Throwing Power-94
Throwing Accuarcy-86
Awareness-78

Offensive Style Run & Shoot
Offensive Agrgressiveness-70
Run/Pass Ratio-35% Run/65% Pass

The playbook will have him sling it all around the field and take more shots deep.

His awareness will make him force some throws into coverage more of the gambling type kinda like per say Brett Favre

His arm strength will compliment his style of play and his accuarcy will allow him to make some of those plays when he does throw into coverage or force some passes. A QB with those ratings and that type of playbook could light you up for 350-400 yards per game consistently. But as a side effect this same guy could also kill the CPU offense in very key situations because of his awareness rating on the field.

For those who really get deep into the Dynasty aspect of the game all can say is the Playbook's are you best friend.....they add another element of realism into the game.

You have access to all 120 teams playbook and how they manage a game on offense and defense. If you wanted to turn the entire the Big 10 into a smashmouth football conference where every team runs th eball down your throat you could.....or vice versa you could turn the Big 10 into a bunch of Wide open passing teams.

That is the most underated part of NCAA Football even though the ratings are jacked up and bad in some cases the ability to manipulate how teams perform on the field can be done through their playbooks and if you see a team running the Option with a slow QB you can actually go in and change their playbook to an offense that fits the QB's style of play the best for that team.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 06-25-2010, 10:47 PM   #47
Banned

peteykirch's Arena

OVR: 19

Something that also annoyed me is that the stats don't match the ratings.

Last year, Rutgers entered its bowl game with the 99th overall offense in the Nation, then comes the off-season, we lose a 1st Round OT, one of our better WRs, and our starting TE. Yes Savage and Sanu cemented themselves, but what we lost was pretty great, this shouldn't average out to the B+ EA gave us.
Old 06-26-2010, 12:18 AM   #48
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteykirch
Something that also annoyed me is that the stats don't match the ratings.

Last year, Rutgers entered its bowl game with the 99th overall offense in the Nation, then comes the off-season, we lose a 1st Round OT, one of our better WRs, and our starting TE. Yes Savage and Sanu cemented themselves, but what we lost was pretty great, this shouldn't average out to the B+ EA gave us.

How long have you been a Rutgers fan peteykirch?

I'm actually hoping to get them added to my Alumni rosters this year and put together an All-Time Rutgers team which has probably never been done before in NCAA Football

I found this list of former great players so far for Rutgers
http://www.scarletknights.com/football/history/aa.asp

If you have any other names of quality players let me know....I know Ray Lucas and Mike McMahon will be their top QB's as of now

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

Last edited by Playmakers; 06-26-2010 at 12:22 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »