Home

Heisman difficulty level.

This is a discussion on Heisman difficulty level. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-25-2010, 11:48 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 10
Heisman difficulty level.

i don't know if its just me butdoes the heisman difficulty level cheat cause i played the demo and you fumble very easy like your adrian peterson an its impossible to break more than one tackle
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2010, 11:52 PM   #2
Rookie

Barkley7's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Heisman difficulty level.

try holding onto the football.. I think it's RB on the 360..
Old 06-25-2010, 11:56 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

I have had games in the demo where the defense is psychic and reads everything I do and then there are other games where Heisman plays like varsity. My biggest Heisman win was 49 - 7 over Florida where they kept fumbling and doing everything wrong.

That is why I like all american because it seems less cheap but to easy till I mess with sliders.
NHL - Detroit Red Wings

Old 06-26-2010, 12:01 AM   #4
six
Banned

I played 3 games on Heisman on the demo...3-0, but all were close, competitive games.

I've lost 2 games out of like 12 or 13 I've played on the demo and both were all american shockingly. All-American is alright, I use it in off line dynasty with UK with adjusted sliders. I got slaughtered 28-14 by OU...I was impressed at the CPU doing that to me on All-American.
Old 06-26-2010, 12:15 AM   #5
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42

I laugh every time I see someone make the comment "Well just use the 'cover up the ball button'" I can't help but chuckle. I can't even begin to count the number of stupid fumbles I've seen in the demo that are obviously a product of "catch-up logic" as a method to add excitement to the game by EA.

I've camped out on the "cover up" button and used the right stick as well, but guys will fumble at the most inopportune times when it's completely obvious there is programming behind it.

I go up 21-0 in the 3rd quarter and naturally fumble a carry that was on 3rd and 1 for an easy first down. The CPU scores on the very next play on a short pass where my entire defense looked like five year olds chasing Usain Bolt. Then they recover the onside kick, and score on the very next play... ridiculous.

I don't buy too much into the flow of the game on the demo at all.

None of the difficulty levels mean anything because it's all based on some logic that won't even be in the full game. How else do you explain supernatural plays at the most predictable times?

I've also seen the dback magic where they run the route of the receiver before the QB even releases the ball or the receiver makes the cut, and I've seen safeties break and cover on a ball where they fly 40 yards in 2 seconds.

Anyways, I hope this doesn't make its way into the full version, but no way it could. The demo is like playing NBA Jam when you're up by too much.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2010, 12:18 AM   #6
six
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmik58
I laugh every time I see someone make the comment "Well just use the 'cover up the ball button'" I can't help but chuckle. I can't even begin to count the number of stupid fumbles I've seen in the demo that are obviously a product of "catch-up logic" as a method to add excitement to the game by EA.

I've camped out on the "cover up" button and used the right stick as well, but guys will fumble at the most inopportune times when it's completely obvious there is programming behind it.

I go up 21-0 in the 3rd quarter and naturally fumble a carry that was on 3rd and 1 for an easy first down. The CPU scores on the very next play on a short pass where my entire defense looked like five year olds chasing Usain Bolt. Then they recover the onside kick, and score on the very next play... ridiculous.

I don't buy too much into the flow of the game on the demo at all.

None of the difficulty levels mean anything because it's all based on some logic that won't even be in the full game. How else do you explain supernatural plays at the most predictable times?

I've also seen the dback magic where they run the route of the receiver before the QB even releases the ball or the receiver makes the cut, and I've seen safeties break and cover on a ball where they fly 40 yards in 2 seconds.

Anyways, I hope this doesn't make its way into the full version, but no way it could. The demo is like playing NBA Jam when you're up by too much.
I agree with you completely. This happens a lot on heisman, hell I have seen it on All American too. I had it happen yesterday...except it seemed like the CPU was fumbling to let me back in it lol...they fumbled while running out the clock with a minute to go and me down 21-7 and then fumbled the onside kick after i cut it to 28-14 with 25 seconds to go...it was quite humerous. If I had not thrown an INT after the first fumble and could tackle DeMarcus Murray I might have been able to tie it and send it to OT lol.
Old 06-26-2010, 12:29 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 13

Heisman is a joke. It's not that hard but the CPU cheats like no other. I'd rather play on All American with sliders that give the CPU an edge. I don't find Heisman fun one bit
Old 06-26-2010, 12:31 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 20

Heisman has always cheated you in past NCAA games. You are better off getting a more realistic game by making sliders harder on All-American or Varsity difficulties.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »