Home

BEST PLAYERS AT EACH POSITION

This is a discussion on BEST PLAYERS AT EACH POSITION within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-26-2010, 10:33 PM   #49
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: BEST PLAYERS AT EACH POSITION

You can't crown a best COLLEGE quarterback cause it's College with different types of quarterbacks.

Top Pocket Passers
  1. Ryan Mallett
  2. Case Keenum
  3. Up for debate
Top Balanced (Running QB's that can throw) Or Dual Threat
  1. Jake Locker
  2. Christian Ponder
  3. Terrelle Pryor
Top Running
  1. Josh Nesbitt
  2. Ricky Dobbs
  3. Who cares
Andrew Luck is void from the discussion. He's remarkable, but he had Gerhart. He will struggle but is unproven. Based on last years technique he's a NFL quarterback but is not a top college because he had one year.

EDIT: Jerrod Johnson is LEGIT. This guy is good.

Last edited by Mdwills3521; 06-26-2010 at 10:36 PM.
Old 06-26-2010, 10:57 PM   #50
Rookie

ctindal21's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdwills3521
You can't crown a best COLLEGE quarterback cause it's College with different types of quarterbacks.

Top Pocket Passers
  1. Ryan Mallett
  2. Case Keenum
  3. Up for debate
Top Balanced (Running QB's that can throw) Or Dual Threat
  1. Jake Locker
  2. Christian Ponder
  3. Terrelle Pryor
Top Running
  1. Josh Nesbitt
  2. Ricky Dobbs
  3. Who cares
Andrew Luck is void from the discussion. He's remarkable, but he had Gerhart. He will struggle but is unproven. Based on last years technique he's a NFL quarterback but is not a top college because he had one year.

EDIT: Jerrod Johnson is LEGIT. This guy is good.
wheres robert griffin???
NBA- New York Knicks

Old 06-26-2010, 11:01 PM   #51
Banned

OVR: 4

Robert Griffin is a MONSTER. But not many people know about him so they'd doubt me. Anyways he has to do everything so I should've mentioned him.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2010, 11:24 PM   #52
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyJote
. Keenum is accurate, but he doesn't have a strong arm, is small, doesn't run well, and plays in an offense that prioritizes decision making less than most.
Not so, CK is an outstanding runner.

Old 06-26-2010, 11:25 PM   #53
Banned

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1GATORFAN4EVA
I don't care what you say throwing six ints is just plain horrible, but times that by 10 for it being Air Force! Noway should he be the top Qb lol bad day or not
Peyton Manning threw six picks once. I think Tony Romo throw six as well (maybe). People have bad days
Old 06-26-2010, 11:28 PM   #54
Banned

OVR: 13

Quote:
Locker isn't Jefferson, Russell, or Pryor. He doesn't really run much, so he doesn't fit that mold. He does still need to work on his accuracy, and his decision making needs more work, but he doesn't use his legs a whole lot at this point. His freshman season, when he ran for 900+ yards, was partially a result of Washington using the spread at the time. He still needs work, but I think comparing him to the "athlete" qb's isn't quite accurate. For one, he has a much more solid head on his shoulders than Russell and Jefferson, and that is what cost Russell a shot at being very good. For two, he doesn't rely on that athletic ability. His technique is better, and he is better than any of those guys at reading defenses. He is an NFL QB. No matter where you think he'll get drafted, he will get drafted.

Mallett needs to mature. A lot. He loves the game and gets too amped, like you said, and tries to make too much happen sometimes. All in all though, he doesn't make too many costly mistakes (only 7 int is fantastic), and he's got all the physical tools. He just needs to let the game come to him more.

I really like Kellen Moore. He's accurate, has a good (but not great) arm, moves well enough to be able to roll him out, and makes smart decisions. I think he could be great in a west coast offense in the NFL.

Christian Ponder is very good too. He's got a strong arm, is accurate, and really improved his decision making last year. I think he's a guy that when it's all said and done is a first round pick next April.
Ryan Leaf was an NFL QB once...just saying
Old 06-27-2010, 12:15 AM   #55
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Real is the wrong word. Common would be more apt. Guys like Mallett, Locker, Luck, Ponder, Moore, etc., would have a much easier time stepping into Houston's offense and performing well than guys like Keenum, Harrell, Brennen, Padron do going the other way. Keenum is accurate, but he doesn't have a strong arm, is small, doesn't run well, and plays in an offense that prioritizes decision making less than most. Throwing for 5000 yards in that style of offense is about the equivalent of throwing for 3000 yards in a conventional offense. I'm not saying the offense is bad - it's fantastic, and works well, but it works so well because it doesn't take a great QB, RB, or OL to run. You have to have quick, athletic WR's, but those are easier to recruit, because conventional offenses want bigger, stronger receivers. It is easier to man the Quarterback position in those offenses, and you have to take that into consideration when evaluating players. Otherwise, why isn't Padron considered the 2nd best QB in the nation, when he puts up amazing stats, and people like Luck so much, even though he only threw 13 tds?
I cant believe you are basically calling Quarterbacks pawns in these offenses. Blasphemy.

For example, Hawai'i(although, without June Jones) still run the Run and Shoot offense. Since Brennan, the production from QB has been:

in Comparison to:

Brennan 07

Brennan 06

Brennan 05

Do you still think it's everyone BUT the quarterback? You cant honestly stand by that belief.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2010, 12:19 AM   #56
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29

And you can do the same thing for Texas Tech and Graham Harrell, since his departure, NO quarterback has done what he's done. None have ran the offense as well as him.

Check it: http://espn.go.com/ncf/teams/stats?t...2641&year=2009

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »