Home

Slowdown on PS3

This is a discussion on Slowdown on PS3 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-27-2010, 03:49 AM   #1
Rookie

j_tinkler21's Arena

OVR: 2
Slowdown on PS3

This thread has probably been posted before, so forgive me for the re-post if so.

Anyways, I've been playing the demon on my PS3 a lot since it realized and experience some slowdown with replays and very rarely in between plays. I was curious if anyone who has played the PS3 version can comment if this has been fixed or if it has been announced anywhere.

Thanks a lot.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2010, 04:03 AM   #2
Rookie

Card-me's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Slowdown on PS3

A lot of people have been saying that the Xbox and PS3 versions were identical, but a few of us who have actually played both versions have agreed that they most certainly are not. There's a lot of stuttering and jerkiness in the PS3 version. Not just in the cutscenes and replays like you mentioned, but also in the play selection screens. I've had the PS3 version lock up my PS3 on more than one occasion as well, while I've seen no such issues on the Xbox. Funnily enough, I also noticed this on Madden 10 last year. I bought the game for PS3 (like I do pretty much every game) and noticed a ton of the same lag that I've noticed with NCAA 11 demo, and it locked up on me all the time. My PS3 60GB actually got the YLOD while I was playing Madden 10 and it locked up. I'm not saying there's a connection, but I am saying that Madden 10 and what I've seen of the NCAA 11 demo have terrible performance.

I've also noticed what I perceive as a difference in the Locomotion system and the AI as well. The PS3 AI, to me, felt much easier, but I also didn't feel like I was getting cheated as much. Still, it was extremely easy to beat, even on Heisman. Likewise, the "skating" effect that many have discussed with Locomotion seems to be much more prevalent on the PS3 version in my opinion. Not to mention the random bugs like the Texas mascot being completely oversaturated to the point where he looks like a big cel-shaded black blob.

I don't know if these issues have been fixed for the final release or if they even can be. As I said, I buy all my games on PS3 (especially since my Xbox 360 was either on loan or dead for the past 18 months (I'm on my third one in a year... yay)), but I was forced to order NCAA 11 for Xbox this time due to these issues. I just don't want to take the chance that the PS3 is going to have all these major issues this time around.
Old 07-14-2011, 09:39 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

Yeah, massive PS3 slowdown here as well. Seems to always start sometime in the second half and lasts, intermittently, until the end of the game. Worse, it's slowdown during the play itself. Borderline unplayable for me, I can't imagine others are tolerating this somehow, so I'm wondering if it's my system (160 GB slim).
Old 07-14-2011, 09:46 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blublub
Yeah, massive PS3 slowdown here as well. Seems to always start sometime in the second half and lasts, intermittently, until the end of the game. Worse, it's slowdown during the play itself. Borderline unplayable for me, I can't imagine others are tolerating this somehow, so I'm wondering if it's my system (160 GB slim).

u might want to try to clean out your hard drive or something. Haven't notice the slowdown outside of kickoffs.

Why do I think I'll notice it now tho?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »