Home

Help for an NCAA newcomer

This is a discussion on Help for an NCAA newcomer within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-27-2010, 03:20 PM   #1
MVP

woody2goody's Arena

OVR: 5
Icon5 Help for an NCAA newcomer

Hi guys, I'm officially a college football noob.

I've played Madden and followed the NFL for about 6 years, but I've only ever watched a handful of college games on ESPN, and this is only my second NCAA demo (I didn't like NCAA 10 btw.).

Being from the UK, I know little about both college football and the NCAA games.

My questions are:

How many schools are in the game, and does it include the lesser teams as well as the Oklahomas and Michigans of this world?

Also, what provisions are made for real player names? Can you download a roster or something?

My last question involves the career mode. How in-depth is the recruiting of players and the ability to build your team over the seasons?

I didn't really know where to post this so sorry if it's in the wrong place. I am considering buying the game and would appreciate some knowledge from veteran players so to speak
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2010, 03:50 PM   #2
Rookie

jgill8301's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Help for an NCAA newcomer

I've played Madden and followed the NFL for about 6 years, but I've only ever watched a handful of college games on ESPN, and this is only my second NCAA demo (I didn't like NCAA 10 btw.).

Being from the UK, I know little about both college football and the NCAA games.

My questions are:

How many schools are in the game, and does it include the lesser teams as well as the Oklahomas and Michigans of this world? There are 120 teams. All of the Division I (FBS) schools are in the game.
http://espn.go.com/college-football/teams
All of the teams in the left column are in the game. You can create teams through Teambuilder.

Also, what provisions are made for real player names? Can you download a roster or something? They have a feature on there to download actual named rosters. You can look in the Rosters sub thread for gamertags of people who are naming them.

My last question involves the career mode. How in-depth is the recruiting of players and the ability to build your team over the seasons? The recruiting is pretty in depth. I think this year you can play up to 60 seasons. It's not as good as what it could be, but I personally think it's pretty fun.

I didn't really know where to post this so sorry if it's in the wrong place. I am considering buying the game and would appreciate some knowledge from veteran players so to speak

Last edited by jgill8301; 06-27-2010 at 05:51 PM.
Old 06-27-2010, 03:52 PM   #3
MVP

Ninjoid's Arena

OVR: 16

How do Woody mate....jumping onto my band wagon here too..my order is in with VG+.

As for the game there are about 120 schools in it, from the top rank to the bottom...recruiting has had a makeover this year and looks more in depth than previous years....dynasty looks better this year too with the addition of the online stuff, we're just hoping that EA have left in the ability to play any game off the schedule (I think they will have)

Rosters will be available for download via the locker, when some of the guys on here have completed them (thanks in advance)

Got mine coming over via DHL...(PS3 don't forget!)

Last edited by Ninjoid; 06-27-2010 at 03:54 PM.
Old 06-27-2010, 03:52 PM   #4
Pro

patsfan1993's Arena

OVR: 8

It's 120 teams not 110
Old 06-27-2010, 04:03 PM   #5
Banned

osubeavs721's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody2goody

My questions are:

How many schools are in the game, and does it include the lesser teams as well as the Oklahomas and Michigans of this world? There are 120 FBS teams

Also, what provisions are made for real player names? Can you download a roster or something? there is a thing called EA Locker, make sure your signed into XBL or PSN and through the game you can go online and download rosters from people who name them and get the right equipment for players and some even adjust ratings accordingly

My last question involves the career mode. How in-depth is the recruiting of players and the ability to build your team over the seasons? Its extremely deep. Recruiting has been overhauled for this year making it a little tougher. For Offline dynasty, if you start with a team like San Jose St, if you start winning with them enough you will get an invite from the pac 10 or other conferences

And welcome to NCAA man. I personally like NCAA football more than NFL, So i hope you enjoy it
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2010, 04:22 PM   #6
MVP

woody2goody's Arena

OVR: 5

Cheers for the replies so far guys, that's answered a lot of my queries.

Hi Ninj, not sure if I'll have the money to order for release but I might try to save

Now to go about picking a school - any suggestions guys? Here's your chance to convert a new fan to your College
Old 06-27-2010, 04:24 PM   #7
Banned

osubeavs721's Arena

OVR: 21

Go with Oregon State... Underrated but good! Great coaching staff and competitive every year, And we do it the right way unlike USC!
Old 06-27-2010, 04:33 PM   #8
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody2goody

How many schools are in the game, and does it include the lesser teams as well as the Oklahomas of this world?
k
You're alright with me, mate.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »