Home

The Awareness rating

This is a discussion on The Awareness rating within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-28-2010, 09:52 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 20
Re: The Awareness rating

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmik58
For halfbacks it should be vision, which is already incorporated, so get rid of awareness.
Running backs have blocking assignments and run routes.
Old 06-28-2010, 10:11 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOPARADIGM
Running backs have blocking assignments and run routes.
A high awareness rating allows RB's in NCAA Football to pick up blizters better....

I don't want to get into another long ratings discussion but if in NCAA Football if a RB has 90 awareness and good blocking ratings for pass Block footwork he'll make awesome blitz pickup blocks

Think of Emmitt Smith in pass protection when he would always pick up blizting LB's effectively.

Problem is you won't find them rated in NCAA football to be effective picking up blitzes. This is also the reason why many people think their FB's and OL are complete idiots in terms of blocking assignments.....Awareness works all over the field in many different ways in NCAA Football

You just have to know how to tweak the ratings and make them match the players your changing

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 06-28-2010, 10:14 PM   #11
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42

How do you feel about the idea of the game speed increasing if you have a QB with low awareness and slowing down for a QB with high awareness. Would that be too arcade-ish?

Or maybe awareness is a rating that only really matters for non-human players and in simulated games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2010, 10:28 PM   #12
MVP

dan_457's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmik58
How do you feel about the idea of the game speed increasing if you have a QB with low awareness and slowing down for a QB with high awareness. Would that be too arcade-ish?

Or maybe awareness is a rating that only really matters for non-human players and in simulated games.
That would be a little odd, imagine if you had a qb with 60 AWR that handed the ball off to a HB with 85 AWR, the games speed would drop a large chunk and would just the throw you off your game.

-Cleveland Browns-

-Cleveland Cavaliers-
Old 06-28-2010, 10:38 PM   #13
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_457
That would be a little odd, imagine if you had a qb with 60 AWR that handed the ball off to a HB with 85 AWR, the games speed would drop a large chunk and would just the throw you off your game.
Ya, it wouldn't work also because if you're playing against a human opponent. Hmm... well so much for that shistey idea, lol
Old 06-29-2010, 12:14 AM   #14
Rookie

GatorChomp1's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Death
Yes, but a different opinion can't be justified when it's wrong. And I'm not trying to be a jerk or anything, but awareness is everything you mentioned aside from experience. Experience does not equate to awareness and people should understand this. Or maybe it's just that those who don't understand it have a low awareness themselves. LOL

To me it goes toward the end of having the ability to practice with your team and have that actually mean something in the game. I like how 2K5 had the ability to have your QB study film or work on certain things that would enable him to improve. I wish EA would get into this. Practice would mean something and when you get that Freshman QB w/ an awareness of 40 you could work on him during the year... even if he's redshirting... and get that awareness up some.

Of course, that brings up the issue of having an Awareness Rating for your QB when you are controlling him. My QB ratings never really matter because I know how to read a defense and where to go with the ball. It certainly is something that needs to be looked at though for every player on the field.

And opinion or not, awareness is not experience. Jus' sayin'...
Well opinions can't be wrong, but i totally get what you're saying. You're not being a jerk, just stating what you think. No worries. When I say experience I don't just mean game experience, I'm talking more about experience in a system, developing chemistry with teammates and coaches, and understanding the playbook. You mentioned redshirting a player will increase AWR some, which to me is because he has an extra year of experience. I think we have similar thoughts, I just didn't explain it all the way through.
I agree on practice meaning something. It would also be nice to have a chemistry meter that is developed due to playing/practicing with teammates. Then if a backup QB, RB, WR, etc. comes in there will be a drop, and maybe they wont play as smoothly together. It would make you think about developing backups and getting them enough reps just in case there is an injury in a big game.
Old 06-29-2010, 12:50 AM   #15
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorChomp1
It would also be nice to have a chemistry meter that is developed due to playing/practicing with teammates. Then if a backup QB, RB, WR, etc. comes in there will be a drop, and maybe they wont play as smoothly together. It would make you think about developing backups and getting them enough reps just in case there is an injury in a big game.
That's a great idea and would take care of the backup coming in and playing as well, or better, than the starter.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2010, 01:05 AM   #16
Banned

OVR: 20

I definitely agree that "experience" should be a rating.

All things being equal, an 83 OVR senior with 26 starts under his belt should be MUCH better than an 83 OVR freshman or sophomore.

In theory, this is where AWR should come in, but more often than not, it doesn't. I've seen plenty of cases where if a guy came in with 53 AWR, whether he's had 20 starts since or hasn't seen the field since, the progression of his AWR is the same.

Maybe that's the point here: AWR should progress in relation to experience?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »