Home

Uniform Updates 3.0

This is a discussion on Uniform Updates 3.0 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-01-2010, 03:09 PM   #73
MVP

kt-od's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Uniform Updates 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekodinator
Wow Adam Thompson, thank you! I'm impressed to see you on here taking in our feedback!

My only feedback to give you would be regarding BYU and boise state.

BYU's facemasks are blue in real life but black in the game, and boise state's facemasks are grey in real life but white in the game.

Thanks so much for participating in the forum!

Sidenote: are BYU's bright blue throwbacks in the game?
He commented on the BYU issue a few pages back. Link

Last edited by kt-od; 07-01-2010 at 03:11 PM.
Old 07-01-2010, 03:11 PM   #74
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Sidenote: are BYU's bright blue throwbacks in the game?
their 1984-style helmet, jersey, and pants are in the game.
Old 07-01-2010, 03:25 PM   #75
Pro

OVR: 9

Oops, sorry i'm browsing on my phone in the mobile forums, so It's a little hard to follow everyone's responses from previous pages.

Thanks a lot for the feedback Adam! As a uniform nerd, I really appreciate your interest!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2010, 04:22 PM   #76
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatoes002
Wazzu's uniforms are still not fixed.

The shoulder stripe doesn't go all the way around the shoulder, it stops halfway behind the shoulder. Also the uniform mesh thing on the chest isn't designed correct.
Just to clarify, Adam, this is how the shoulder stripe is suppose to look.

Old 07-01-2010, 05:55 PM   #77
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam_Thompson_EA
I appreciate pointing out mistakes in the uniforms we made, but please do not pile on the artists. The fact is NCAA 11 has 893 team uniform parts (helmets, jerseys, and pants), so an incorrect facemask means they were only 99.8% accurate. That is a LOT of attention to detail.

For BYU's facemask, I can see why it would be made black...

If they are different colors, the only way you could tell is by zooming in really close. However, you can't zoom in that close because the depth of field effect will blur everything out so it is completely unnoticable.
I understand your point, as BYU's blue can be pretty dark at times. My main concern is how it looks on the Teambuilder site and in the game tho...

if it end's up looking like THIS (where the blue is clearly blue and the black is clearly black)

then it really WILL be noticable in the game. I mean, I first noticed it in the screenshots that were released of BYU players, so obviously it is enough of a difference to notice from a distance.

#GoPackGo

Last edited by thekodinator; 07-01-2010 at 06:05 PM.
Old 07-01-2010, 09:05 PM   #78
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
I understand your point, as BYU's blue can be pretty dark at times. My main concern is how it looks on the Teambuilder site and in the game tho...

if it end's up looking like THIS (where the blue is clearly blue and the black is clearly black)

then it really WILL be noticable in the game. I mean, I first noticed it in the screenshots that were released of BYU players, so obviously it is enough of a difference to notice from a distance.
It doesn't look like that in game. The blue is much darker.
Old 07-01-2010, 09:18 PM   #79
Banned

OVR: 4

Is it a different situation with NCAA 11 than with Madden? Last year Madden was constantly making updates to uniforms such as fixing the color of the 49ers helmets, adding stickers to teams helmets, patches to jerseys, adding the seahawks' green jersey etc.

So why is it that people seem to think it impossible to add jerseys as a downloadable content? If the Washington Huskies bust out a black jersey this year it would be awesome to add it through a download.
Old 07-01-2010, 10:29 PM   #80
Banned

OVR: 4

Adam, just read an update that the Washington Huskies will have a new home jersey this year for certain.

They will almost mirror the style used for the road jersey.

Here is an image to give you an idea, I'm sure the actual images taken of Locker wearing the full uniform will be released soon:

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »